1 of 1
The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Levemir through reportable promotional activity in 2017 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Type 1 Diabetes - Insulin and Type 2 Diabetes - Insulin markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend for each type of activity?
- How does Novo Nordisk's depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, and Endocrinology) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Levemir throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Levemir in 2017?
- The author leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. More than four years of longitudinal data is available - covering payments to more than 975,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 14,600 paid interactions across 7,700 physicians made on behalf of Levemir were carefully examined to support our analysis.
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown
2 of 1