The 5 Key Questions Addressed by this Report:
- How many physicians were reached by Lantus through reportable promotional activity in 2017 and how does this compare to its peer set in the Type 1 Diabetes - Insulin and Type 2 Diabetes - Insulin markets?
- What promotional mix was leveraged (e.g., sales rep detailing, physician education, and paid speaking) and what was the median spend for each type of activity?
- How does Sanofi's depth of coverage vary within key specialties (e.g., Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Endocrinology, and Critical Care Medicine) and how does this compare to its peers and the overall set of rep-accessible physicians?
- How often are physicians receiving paid meals for Lantus throughout the year (e.g., monthly, quarterly, annually)?
- Who were the most frequent meal recipients and top paid speakers for Lantus in 2017?
- The author leverages company-reported financial transaction data disclosed through CMS Open Payments. This data set captures all transfers of value (e.g., speaking fees, consulting fees, travel, education, and meals) made on behalf of a drug or device manufacturer to a physician. More than four years of longitudinal data is available - covering payments to more than 975,000 U.S. healthcare professionals.
- Over 7,600 paid interactions across 5,700 physicians made on behalf of Lantus were carefully examined to support our analysis.
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown