This issue of the Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TOE presents the recent innovations in anti-corrosive, packaging, and machinery industries. The current issue includes two bio-based coating ideas, which can be used for food packaging applications. The increasingly environmental awareness has continually attracted the development on bio-based, renewable, and biodegradable coating materials. Besides, the current issue has also profiled anti-corrosive coating technology using conductive polymers, a new solid lubricant coating product that can be applied for high temperature applications and a new hyperdispersant that can work effectively in waterborne coating formulations.
The Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications and strategic insights on various coatings across industries. This encompasses protective and functional coatings such as antimicrobial coatings, food coatings, energy-saving coatings, smart glazing, hydrophilic, hydrophobic and super hydrophobic coatings, corrosion protection coatings, barrier coatings and paints.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research & innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thin films, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
1. Coating Advances in Steel, Packaging, Construction, Machinery, and Paper Industries
Recent Innovations in Coating Technologies
- Conductive Polymer Composite Coating for Anti-corrosive Application
- Spray-coated Chitin Nanofiber/Cellulose Nanocrystal Films for Oxygen Barrier Packaging Applications
- Alkylphenol Ethoxylates-free Hyperdispersant for Effective Waterborne Coating Formulations
- Solid Lubricant Coatings for High Temperature Machinery Applications
- Renewable, Recyclable, and Biodegradable Waterproof Barrier Coating for the Paper and Cardboard Packaging Industry
- Key Contacts