Global dissolving pulp capacity had been up to about 8,000 kt by the end of 2017.
With the commissioning of new dissolving pulp projects, the global dissolving pulp capacity had been up to about 8,000 kt by the end of 2017. It is worth noticing that the top six producers boast the combined capacity of approximately 4,443.25 kt as a percentage of 55.5% in global total.
So far foreign giants, as well as Chinese peers, have been ramping up production of dissolving pulp aggressively, from which it can be seen that the world’s production of dissolving pulp is on the rise and will lead to overcapacity in future, and that small and medium-sized manufacturers will be forced to retreat from the market, contributing to higher concentration of the dissolving pulp industry.
As a major global consumer of dissolving pulp, the apparent consumption of dissolving pulp in China has risen steadily in recent years, and reached 4,420 kt in 2017, up 4.2% year-on-year. However, China's dissolving pulp capacity utilization rate is not high, with the actual output of 1,800 kt and the import dependence rate of 59.3%. There are now about a dozen Chinese dissolving pulp manufacturers.
In 2013, China initiated anti-dumping investigation against imported dissolving pulp products, because the imports flooded at low prices and took a lion’s share in the Chinese dissolving pulp market and caused serious excess of dissolving pulp capacity in China. Moreover, Chinese government also decided in August 2018 to impose 5% tariff on dissolving pulp originating in the United States. These measures favor the development of local enterprises, and it is expected that China's dissolving pulp production will rise steadily in the next few years, and its import dependence will go down.
Global and China Dissolving Pulp Industry Report, 2018-2022 focuses on the followings:
- Global dissolving pulp industry (development status, competitive landscape, prices, etc.);
- China’s dissolving pulp industry (development status, anti-dumping investigation, supply/demand, competitive landscape, imports, etc.);
- Downstream viscose fiber industry (status quo, capacity, output, imports/exports, prices, etc.);
- 5 global and 8 Chinese dissolving pulp producers (operation, R&D investment, dissolving pulp business, etc.);
- Conclusion and forecast.
- The Chinese Version of this Report is Available on Request.
1. Overview of Dissolving Pulp Industry
2. Global Dissolving Pulp Industry
2.1 Status Quo
3. China Dissolving Pulp Industry
3.1 Status Quo
3.2 Anti-dumping Investigation
4. Downstream Viscose Fiber Market
4.4 Import & Export
4.4.1 Import & Export Volume
4.4.2 Import & Export Country
4.4.3 Import & Export Region
5. Major Dissolving Pulp Companies Worldwide
5.1.3 Dissolving Pulp Business
5.1.4 Business in China
5.2.3 Revenue Structure
5.2.4 Dissolving Pulp Business
5.2.5 Business in China
5.3 Aditya Birla Group
5.3.2 Operation of Grasim
5.3.3 Revenue Structure of Grasim
5.3.4 Dissolving Pulp Business of Grasim
5.3.5 Business in China
5.4.3 Revenue Structure
5.4.4 Operation of Fiber Segment
5.4.5 Dissolving Pulp Business
5.4.6 Business in China
5.5 Rayonier AM
5.5.3 Dissolving Pulp Business
6. Major Chinese Dissolving Pulp Manufacturers
6.1 Shandong Sun Paper Industry Joint Stock Co., Ltd.
6.1.3 Revenue Structure
6.1.4 Gross Margin
6.1.5 R&D Investment
6.1.6 Dissolving Pulp Business
6.1.7 Forecast and Outlook
6.2 Fujian Qingshan Paper Industry Co., Ltd.
6.2.3 Revenue Structure
6.2.4 Gross Margin
6.2.5 R&D Investment
6.2.6 Dissolving Pulp Business
6.2.7 Forecast and Outlook
6.3 Yueyang Forest & Paper Co., Ltd.
6.3.3 Revenue Structure
6.3.4 Gross Margin
6.3.5 R&D Investment
6.3.6 Dissolving Pulp Business
6.3.7 Forecast and Outlook
6.4 Shandong Chenming Paper Holdings Ltd.
6.4.3 Revenue Structure
6.4.4 Gross Margin
6.4.5 R&D Investment
6.4.6 Dissolving Pulp Business
6.4.7 Forecast and Outlook
6.5 Shandong Huatai Paper Co., Ltd.
6.5.3 Revenue Structure
6.5.4 Gross Margin
6.5.5 R&D Investment
6.5.6 Dissolving Pulp Business
6.5.7 Forecast and Outlook
6.6 Yanbian Shixian Double-deer Industrial Co., Ltd.
6.6.2 Dissolving Pulp Business
6.7 Yibin Grace Group Co., Ltd.
6.7.2 Dissolving Pulp Business
6.8 Sichuan Tianzhu Bamboo Resource Development Co., Ltd.
6.9 Asia Symbol (Shandong) Pulp & Paper Co., Ltd.
7. Conclusion & Prediction
- Aditya Birla
- Sun Paper
- Sun Paper
- Asia Symbol
- Chenming Paper
- Hunan Juntai
- Yueyang Forest & Paper Co., Ltd.
- Fujian Qingshan Paper Industry Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Sun Paper Industry Joint Stock Co., Ltd.
- Shandong Chenming Paper Holdings Ltd.
- Shandong Huatai Paper Co., Ltd.
- Yanbian Shixian Double-deer Industrial Co., Ltd.
- Yibin Grace Group Co., Ltd.
- Sichuan Tianzhu Bamboo Resource Development Co., Ltd.