"Digital Landscape: Rheumatoid Arthritis", analyzes digital activities undertaken by pharma in support of therapies for moderate-to-severe rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
The report includes digital activities directed towards patients and/or HCPs.
The geographic scope of the report is the United States, EUCAN (Canada and the 5EU countries - UK, Germany, France, Italy & Spain).
- US Patients: AbbVie offers the strongest support for RA patients in the US, particularly branded, unbranded and mobile app. Branded activity seen from Janssen with its counter-biosimilar campaign for Remicade, while new advertising campaigns seen for Enbrel and Xeljanz. Sanofi entered the space for the first time following approval of Kevzara. Opportunity exists for a well-integrated unbranded campaign to support patients, linked to social media and a mobile app.
- US HCPs: Good branded support available for US HCPs in the RA space. Sanofi launched a HCP site for Kevzara, supported by high paid advertising spend. Branded activity also detected from AbbVie, BMS, as well as biosimilar manufacturer Pfizer. Unbranded and mobile app landscapes are sparse. Opportunities may exist to develop or sponsor content with trusted non-pharma organizations. Social media activity restricted to corporate accounts.
- EUCAN Patients: Good branded support is available for RA patients in Germany, the UK, and Canada. No multi-country, local-language unbranded campaigns detected, with good examples of local sites seen, and support strongest from Roche / Chugai overall. Social media support limited to country-specific pages in Spain and France, RA patients have access to good mobile app offerings, however none detected in Spain or Italy.
- EUCAN HCPs: The EUCAN HCP landscape is underdeveloped, with little activity seen past branded. New brand activity seen for Xeljanz and Olumiant. The unbranded and mobile app landscapes are particularly sparse, and partnerships with non-pharma organizations may offer more effective opportunities to engage with and support HCPs.
- Companies Mentioned, AbbVie, Janssen, Pfizer, Roche / Genentech / Chugai, BMS, Sanofi Genzyme / Regeneron, Amgen, UCB, MSD / Merck, Eli Lilly, Sandoz, Biogen.
- This report analyzes digital activities undertaken by pharma in support of therapies for therapies for moderate-to-severe rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- The report includes digital activities directed towards patients and/or HCPs, including branded websites, unbranded disease awareness initiatives, social media and mobile apps.
- The report is based on analysis conducted by a combination of digital and disease-specific teams. It also includes analysis of data licensed from third parties e.g. website traffic, search engine optimization (SEO), digital display advertising, mobile app downloads, and social media interaction.
- The geographic scope of the report is the United States, Canada and the 5EU (UK, Germany, France, Italy & Spain), with EUCAN used as an abbreviation for Europe and Canada throughout.
- This report covers the research period from January - December 2017.
Reasons to buy
- Our Digital Landscape report provides an analysis of pharma multichannel activity in the digital RA space, and can assist our pharma clients derive value in a number of ways:
- Competitive Intelligence: Track and compare key competitor activity across channels and identify key trends in RA
- Digital Strategy: Strengthen corporate digital excellence, learn from industry best practice, and identify opportunities for novel digital campaigns
- Support new brand launch: See best practice examples of pre- and post-launch digital activities, ascertain must-have digital assets for patient and HCP engagement, and assess potential gaps and opportunities for pipeline brands
- Business Development & Licensing: Assess topics and trends shaping digital health in RA and beyond, and learn about key patient and physician online activities in RA.
Table of ContentsExecutive Summary
Landscape & Analysis
US: Patient-directed Activities
US HCP-directed Activities
EUCAN Patient-directed Activities
EUCAN HCP-directed Activities
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Roche / Genentech / Chugai
- Sanofi Genzyme / Regeneron
- MSD / Merck
- Eli Lilly