"Pay-TV providers that want to turn the linear OTT threat into an opportunity must address the main QoE challenges such as scalability, reliability and latency."
Linear OTT is a high-growth area of video services spend, but OTT delivery of linear TV content presents unique quality of service/quality of experience (QoS/QoE) issues. Operators and vendors must collaborate on solutions that support optimisation and automation across all delivery networks in order to successfully deliver linear OTT services.
This report examines how pay-TV providers can deliver high-quality live OTT TV streaming services to defend and grow their live TV propositions.
In this report, we answer the following questions.
- What are the main strategies available to pay-TV operators for turning the live OTT threat into an opportunity?
- How can pay-TV providers replicate the traditional TV QoE in live OTT? Which of the main challenges need to be addressed urgently?
- What are the most-important content delivery network (CDN)/optimisation strategies and technologies that pay-TV providers can adopt to improve QoE/QoS?
- How can mobile operators manage the negative impact of live OTT in mobile networks?
- Which are the key CDN, video optimisation and video processing vendors that are providing solutions for high-quality linear OTT TV?
Who Should Read this Report
- Vendors that want to gain insight into the drivers and inhibitors of operator investment in linear OTT TV services, build their solutions around various service strategies and understand other vendors’ solutions and positioning.
- Operators’ chief technical officers (CTOs) and TV/video infrastructure and operations teams that want to understand trends and technologies in live content delivery and prepare/optimise their video delivery architectures for linear TV services.
- Operator strategy teams, product managers and pricing teams that are interested in exploring strategies and models for delivering linear OTT TV services.