The Author's "Destination Market Insights: Emerging Europe", report provides in-depth analysis of a tourist destination, in this case for the Emerging Europe region. The countries included in this report are Russia, Poland, Hungary, Ukraine, Bulgaria, Romania, Estonia, Slovakia, Lithuania, Latvia, Serbia, and Moldova.
The report uses regional and country focused analysis to explore inbound tourist markets, infrastructure and attractions, as well as risks and opportunities. The report provides clear insight into current and future tourism developments in the region.
Europe is the most visited continent in the world, and recently many popular European cities have been overwhelmed by the huge number of tourists. Emerging European countries can solve the problem of overcrowded tourist destinations by attracting more tourists in the region. Emerging European countries are rich in natural landscapes, beautiful beaches, and mountains, some almost untouched by humans. At the same time, they have numerous cities, full of history and elegant architecture, which are not often visited. However, a lack of good advertising campaigns and the bad press experienced by some of the countries in the region are some of the reasons why this region currently does not welcome a lot of tourists. The report shades light into how Emerging European nations can leverage their strengths and capitalize on new trends to ensure the future success of the sector and economic prosperity.
- Russia followed by Poland and Hungary are the leading tourist destinations in the region in terms of international arrivals.
- 45% of international trips to Emerging Europe are for leisure purposes.
- The countries of the region should focus on improving its global image, investing in high-quality marketing campaigns, and investing in improving the hospitality facilities and customer service.
- More than 80% of international trips to Caribbean are for leisure purposes.
- Smaller island nations of the region, though not among the top destinations in terms of arrivals are expected to grow fast within the coming years.
- The countries of the region should focus on improving air connectivity, promote regional collaboration, differentiate their tourism offerings and capitalize on niche tourism segments.
Reasons to buy
- This report provides clear and detailed insight into new developments in a fast growing tourist destination.
- The report uses data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, and hotel developments.
- The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Table of ContentsOverview
The Countries of Emerging Europe
Emerging Europe in 2017
Key Project in Each Market
New International Flights
Types of Tourism
Health, Wellness, and Spa
Ethno and Rural Tourism
Adventure and Eco-tourism
Country Focus: Romania
City Profile - Bucharest
Country Focus: Russia
City Profile - Vladivostok & St Petersburg
Country Focus: Poland
City Profile - Gdansk
Regional Risk, Threats, and Conclusion
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- Blue Air
- Wizz Air
- LOT Polish Airlines
- Aegean Airlines
- Wyndham Hotel Group
- Continental Hotels Romania
- S7 Group
- Ural Airlines
- Travel Service
- Best Western