Rising Proliferation of Smartphones, Feature Phones, and Tablets
The memory integrated circuit market is expected to record robust growth, owing to the ongoing developments related to smartphone devices. Intense competition among mobile manufacturers is expected to further drive the growth of the market studied, over the forecast period. Mobile integrated circuits are used in mobile phones, to enable the functions of amplifiers, oscillators, time-counter computer memory, microprocessors, etc. Developments in near field communication (NFC), which lead to the production of dynamic solutions for mobile couponing, mobile ticketing, and access control, are further expected to drive the growth of revenue.
The Healthcare Sector to Augment the Growth
The increasing need to provide secure access to emergency medical information, by supporting new processes for portable medical records and providing the platform to implement other applications, in line with the requirements of healthcare organizations, are creating a scope for memory ICs in the healthcare sector, thus driving the growth of the memory IC market. Memory ICs are mainly used to maintain the records of patients in medical equipment, such as electrocardiographs, medical PCs, blood analysis devices, and other electronic medical recording systems. The increasing technological advancements in the healthcare sector, to achieve the highest reliability and quality in processes, are further stimulating the market’s growth.
Asia-Pacific to Account for the Largest Share
Asia-Pacific is expected to record substantial growth, over the forecast period, due to population expansion and rise in the consumption of consumer electronics, in the region. The Asia-Pacific segment also accounts for over 25% of the global memory IC market. The presence of prominent semiconductor companies (such as Avago Technologies) in the region is expected to boost the growth of the memory integrated circuit market. In addition, the rising number of suppliers of semiconductor material required to manufacture ICs is boosting the production of memory ICs.
Key Developments in the Market
- Jul 2018: Samsung launched a 7 nm FinFET platform technology, the first mainstream semiconductor manufacturing technology to use extreme ultraviolet (EUV) lithography and additional front-end scaling, and demonstrate a 50-60% reduction in power requirements.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing the advancements in the memory integrated circuit market
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market studied, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Identifying the type and end-user vertical that are expected to dominate the market
- Identifying the regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth, during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Memory Integrated Circuit (IC) Market Dynamics
4.1 Memory Integrated Circuit (IC) Market Overview
4.2 Memory Integrated Circuit (IC) Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rising Proliferation of Smartphones, Feature Phones, and Tablets
4.2.2 Growing Demand for Low-power Memory Requirements for DRAM and NAND Flash in Portable Wireless Devices
4.2.3 Rising Demand for Solid State Drives (SSD) in Big Data Storage Applications
4.3 Memory Integrated Circuit (IC) Market Challenges
4.3.1 Increasing Design Complexity of Memory ICs
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Memory Integrated Circuit Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.1.2 NAND Flash Memory
5.1.3 Other Types
5.2 By End-user Vertical
5.2.1 Consumer Electronics
5.2.3 IT and Telecommunication
5.2.6 Other End-user Verticals
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America Memory Integrated Circuit (IC) Market (2018-2023)
5.3.2 Europe Memory Integrated Circuit (IC) Market (2018-2023)
5.3.3 Asia-Pacific Memory Integrated Circuit (IC) Market (2018-2023)
5.3.4 Latin America Memory Integrated Circuit (IC) Market (2018-2023)
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa Memory Integrated Circuit (IC) Market (2018-2023)
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 Emcore Corporation
6.2 Intel Corporation
6.3 Kotura Inc.
6.4 Aifotec AG
6.5 Agilent Technologies Inc.
6.6 Onechip Photonics Inc.
6.7 Infinera Corporation
6.8 Finisar Corporation
6.9 Kaiam Corporation
6.10 CyOptics Inc.
*List Not Exhaustive
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future of the Global Memory Integrated Circuit Market