This Advanced Manufacturing Technology TOE profiles developments in 3D printing of complex structures and liquids, joining dissimilar metals, hybrid manufacturing machines, digital printing, cleaning and mopping robots, and 4D printing.
The Advanced Manufacturing TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) covers global innovations and developments related to manufacturing and industrial automation on a weekly basis. Innovations are focused toward improving product traceability, energy efficiency and reducing environmental footprints, integrating product design and manufacturing aspects for reducing time-to-market. Research focus areas include rapid prototyping (additive manufacturing), lightweighting (multimaterial joining, plastics and metals manufacturing, carbon fiber-based composite manufacturing), smart robotics (agile robots, consumer robots, swarm robotics, cobots), monitoring and control (wireless control networks, human machine interface), and simulation and modeling (design and simulation software).
The Advanced Manufacturing and Automation (AMA) Cluster covers technologies that enable clean, lean and flexible manufacturing and industrial automation. Technologies such as three-dimensional (3D) and four-dimensional (4D) printing, wireless sensors and networks, information and communication technology, multimaterial joining, composites manufacturing, digital manufacturing, micro- and nano-manufacturing, lasers, advanced software, and printing techniques, are covered as part of this cluster. The technologies covered here impact a wide range of industries, such as the impact semiconductor, automotive and transportation, aerospace and defense, industrial, healthcare, logistics, and electronics industries.
1. Innovations in 3D Printing Complex Structures and Liquids, Metals Joining, Hybrid Manufacturing Machines, Digital Printing, Cleaning Robots, and 4D Printing
Recent Developments in Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
- Additive Manufacturing Solution for Production of Complex Structures
- Thermal Spray Technique for Joining of Different Alloys
- Hybrid High-speed Machine
- Printing on a Variety of Materials from Paper to Plastics
- Industrial Robotic Arm with Optimized Design
- Enhanced Digital Printing Technology
- Multi Functional Robotics Services
- Domestic Chore Robot
- Printing of Liquids on Liquid
- Self-reconfigurable 4D Printing
- Industry Contacts