After decades of empty promises about "going paperless," businesses are finally crossing the threshold of what is now called "digital transformation." Paper-and-ink-based processes are not just being automated; they are being uprooted and redesigned by a new generation of executives who embrace technology as a necessary survival tool. In this webinar, you'll learn about the legal principles and precedents that will help you navigate the statutory, regulatory and practical elements of E-signature regimes.
Objectives of the Presentation
- Get a thorough overview of the global legal landscape for digital transactions
- Learn the key sources of law that influence 85% of worldwide E-signature statutes
- Reconcile contradictions between state, federal, and international laws and regulations
- Learn rules of thumb for advising on browse-wrap and shrink-wrap contracts
- Give special consideration to consumer transactions
- Get an update on courts' assessment of contract law and E-signatures
- Recognize the common mistakes to avoid when implementing an E-signature solution
- Learn techniques for dealing with local counsel about E-signatures
- Understand the key elements of a digital policy, and why you might need one
Why Should you Attend
E-signatures are fast becoming a standard operating procedure for organizations in the global business environment - are you up-to-date on the latest E-signature laws? This topic is designed to give you an understanding of the law and technology relating to electronic signatures. Starting with the laws governing electronic signatures and records in the United States, and then broadening out to the pertinent legal regimes outside the United States, the material will provide perspective on the extent to which the use of electronic signatures poses legal risks, and will offer guidance on how to minimize those risks. Finally, you will learn about new technological developments and the steps you and your clients may want to take going forward to maximize technological innovation and ensure legal compliance.
- E-Signature legal frameworks: US and beyond
- Global E-signature implementation
- Compliance issues
- Risk profiles
- Elements of a digital policy
- Digital transformation and change management
Mr Ken Moyle,
Ken Moyle is Managing Member of K6 Legal PLLC. A legal and policy veteran in the high tech community, Mr. Moyle has held in-house leadership positions at start-ups, "unicorns" and publicly traded enterprises, most recently as chief legal officer of DocuSign, Inc. Mr. Moyle is an internationally recognized expert in digital transactions, e-signature, and legal technologies. He is a graduate of University of Washington School of Law.