China Insurance Sector Report 2018 2nd Quarter

  • ID: 4655950
  • Report
  • Region: China
  • 63 pages
  • EMIS, A Euromoney Institutional Investor Company
1 of 5

FEATURED COMPANIES

  • New China Life Insurance
  • Ping An Insurance
  • MORE
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the insurance sector for China. This research presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.

What this report allows you to do:
  • Understand the key elements at play in the insurance sector in China
  • Access forecasts for growth in the sector
  • View key data on insurance premiums and claims in China.
  • Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
  • Assess market share for the life insurance, non-life and reinsurance sectors
  • Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
  • Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
  • View M&A activity and major deals
  • Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
  • Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (life insurance, non-life insurance, reinsurance) and for retail channels.
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown
2 of 5

FEATURED COMPANIES

  • New China Life Insurance
  • Ping An Insurance
  • MORE
01 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
  • Sector in Numbers
  • Sector Overview
  • Sector Snapshot
  • Driving Forces
  • Restraining Forces
02 SECTOR IN FOCUS
  • Quarterly Update
  • China Insurance Sector Q4 2017
  • Quarterly Summary
  • Sector Outlook
  • Sector Highlights
  • Main Sector Indicators
  • Top M&A Deals
  • M&A Activity
03 COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
  • Highlights
  • Top Companies
  • Top Foreign Companies
04 COMPANIES IN FOCUS
  • Ping An Insurance
  • China Life Insurance Group
  • The People’s Insurance Company
  • China Pacific Insurance Company
  • New China Life Insurance
05 REGULATORY ENVIRONMENT
  • Government Policy
  • Segment Regulations
  • Recent Regulations
06 PROPERTY INSURANCE
  • Focus Point - Property Insurance Premiums, 2016
  • Highlights
  • Property Insurance Premiums
07 LIFE, HEALTH AND
  • ACCIDENT INSURANCE
  • Focus Point - Life, Health and Accident
  • Insurance Premiums, 2016
  • Highlights
  • Main Subsector Indicators
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown
3 of 5

Loading
LOADING...

4 of 5

FEATURED COMPANIES

  • New China Life Insurance
  • Ping An Insurance
  • MORE
China’s insurance sector witnessed its first quarterly contraction since 2011 amid tightening financial regulations and government control, as well as growing market competition. Insurance premiums fell by 11.2% y/y to RMB 1.4tn in the first quarter of 2018, following a 5.8% y/y growth in Q4 2017. The property insurance premiums, however, rose by 14.6% y/y to RMB 275.3bn and made up 19.5% of the total insurance premiums in the period. Premiums from the human insurance segment, which accounted for the remaining 80.5% of total premiums, decreased by 15.8% y/y to RMB 1,408.4bn. The life and the health insurance premiums slid by 18.3% and 2.4% y/y, respectively, while the accident insurance premiums rose by 15.5% y/y. The life insurance was the only segment that registered a rise in its share of total insurance premiums, reaching 67.5% in Q1 2018, compared to 41% in Q4 2017. The total insurance payments dropped by 1.1% y/y in the first three months of 2018, reaching RMB 326.8bn.
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown
5 of 5
  • Ping An Insurance
  • China Life Insurance Group
  • The People’s Insurance Company
  • China Pacific Insurance Company
  • New China Life Insurance
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown
6 of 5
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown
Adroll
adroll