The global market was valued at $10,566 million in 2017, and is projected to reach $56,530 million by 2025, registering a CAGR of 20.1% from 2018 to 2025.
Checkpoint inhibitor is a type of drug used in immunotherapy, which helps block the proteins present on tumour cells, as these affect the functioning of the immune system. Immune checkpoint inhibitor drugs block different checkpoint proteins, including cytotoxic T lymphocyte associated protein 4 (CTLA-4), programmed cell death protein (PD-1), and programmed death ligand 1 (PD-L1). Immune checkpoint inhibitors have witnessed increasing demand, owing to increase in the incidence of different forms of cancer, a surge in awareness of checkpoint inhibitors for the treatment of cancer, higher number of pipeline drugs, and upsurge in the adoption of immune checkpoint inhibitor drugs. In addition, growth in the geriatric population and technological advancements in screening & diagnosis of cancer drive the market growth. However, high cost associated with immune checkpoint inhibitors is projected to impede the market growth.
The global immune checkpoint inhibitor market is segmented based on type, application, and region. On the basis of type, the market is classified as CTLA-4 inhibitor, PD-1 inhibitor, and PD-L1 inhibitor. The applications covered in the study include lung cancer, bladder cancer, melanoma, Hodgkin lymphoma, and others. Region wise, the market is studied across North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico), Europe (Germany, France, the UK, and rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, Australia, India, and rest of Asia-Pacific), and LAMEA (Brazil and rest of LAMEA).
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
- The study provides an in-depth analysis of the market along with the current trends and future estimations to elucidate the imminent investment pockets.
- It offers a quantitative analysis from 2017 to 2025, which is expected to enable the stakeholders to capitalize on the prevailing market opportunities.
- A comprehensive analysis of all the geographical regions is provided to determine the existing opportunities.
- The profiles and growth strategies of the key players are thoroughly analyzed to understand the competitive outlook of the global market.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
- CTLA-4 Inhibitor
- PD-1 Inhibitor
- PD-L1 Inhibitor
- Lung Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Hodgkin Lymphoma
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of LAMEA
LIST OF KEY PLAYERS PROFILED IN THE REPORT
- AstraZeneca PLC
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Eli Lilly and Company (ARMO Biosciences)
- Fortress Biotech, Inc. (Checkpoint Therapeutics, Inc.)
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd. (Genentech, Inc.)
- Immutep Limited
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Merck KGaA (EMD Serono, Inc.)
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer Inc.
LIST OF OTHER PLAYERS IN THE VALUE CHAIN (These players are not profiled in the report. The same will be included on request.)
- Incyte Corporation
- NewLink Genetics
The analyst offers exhaustive research and analysis based on a wide variety of factual inputs, which largely include interviews with industry participants, reliable statistics, and regional intelligence. The in-house industry experts play an instrumental role in designing analytic tools and models, tailored to the requirements of a particular industry segment. The primary research efforts include reaching out participants through mail, tele-conversations, referrals, professional networks, and face-to-face interactions.
They are also in professional corporate relations with various companies that allow them greater flexibility for reaching out to industry participants and commentators for interviews and discussions.
They also refer to a broad array of industry sources for their secondary research, which typically include; however, not limited to:
- Company SEC filings, annual reports, company websites, broker & financial reports, and investor presentations for competitive scenario and shape of the industry
- Scientific and technical writings for product information and related preemptions
- Regional government and statistical databases for macro analysis
- Authentic news articles and other related releases for market evaluation
- Internal and external proprietary databases, key market indicators, and relevant press releases for market estimates and forecast
Furthermore, the accuracy of the data will be analyzed and validated by conducting additional primaries with various industry experts and KOLs. They also provide robust post-sales support to clients.