Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) is an autoimmune disease that permanently destroys beta cells of the pancreatic islet, which means that the body can no longer produce insulin. Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) can develop at any age, but is frequently observed in children and adolescents.Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) is the seventh most investigated indication within metabolic diseases by number of clinical trials, accounting for 8% of all clinical trials initiated since 1995.
Globally, Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) pipeline features 236 products across all stages of clinical development, with insulin and small molecules prominently featured in Phase III. Insulins, vaccines, and monoclonal antibodies dominate the early-stage pipeline.
Multiple big pharma developers (Novo Nordisk, Eli Lilly, and Sanofi) are investigating “smart insulin,” insulin that can detect and respond to glucose levels. And for Stem Cell Therapy research, big pharma once again has a large presence, with AstraZeneca, Johnson and Johnson, Novo Nordisk, and Sanofi gearing up to develop novel treatments that target diabetes.
Overall, it is expected that new insulins and SGLT inhibitor approvals will drive Type 1 Diabetes market growth during the next decade.
The report "Type 1 Diabetes: Competitive Landscape to 2026", provides an assessment of the pipeline, clinical, and commercial landscape of Type 1 Diabetes along with an analysis of key market events and the future competitive environment.
This report combines data from the Pharma Intelligence Center with in-house analyst expertise to provide a competitive assessment of the disease marketplace.
Components of the slide deck include:
- Pipeline Assessment: regional breakdown, promising late-stage products, early-stage pipeline by molecule type
- Clinical Trials Assessment: trial breakdown by phase, leading industry and non-industry sponsors, enrollment analytics
- Commercial Assessment: leading marketed products, current and future players
- Competitive Landscape Analysis: key market events (2016-2026).
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the global Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments, and strategic partnerships.
1.1 Table of Contents
1.3 Related Reports
1.4 Upcoming Related Reports
2. Executive Summary
2.2 Key Findings
2.2 Key Events
3.1 Report Scope
3.2 Disease Overview and Epidemiology
4. Pipeline Assessment
4.1 Pipeline Overview
4.2 Pipeline Breakdown by Region/Country
4.3 Pipeline Breakdown by Molecule Type and Target
4.4 Drug Review Designations
4.5 Products in Clinical Development
5. Clinical Trial Assessment
5.1 Clinical Trials Overview
5.2 Top Sponsors of Clinical Trials in T1D
5.3 Trial Breakdown by Region
5.4 Therapy Area Perspective
5.5 Enrollment Analytics
6 Commercial Assessment
6.1 Leading Marketed Products
6.2 Current & Future Players
7. Competitive Landscape Analysis (2016-2026)
7.1 Events Classification Overview
7.4 Japan and China
8.3 Key Events Included in the Analysis
8.4 About the Authors