The Security Team Job Description Bundle includes 24 full job descriptions in WORD and PDF formats.
As a greater portion of the operations are done via the Internet, more critical assets of the enterprise are available outside of the traditional brick and mortar of the business. At the same time there is extensive exposure to cyberattack and breaches to confidential, proprietary, and sensitive information.
Those factors alone require highly focused security processes. But that is not all there are mandated compliance issues that need to be included with the security of the data. For that reason, many larger enterprises, and some much smaller, have developed a Security Management Team.
Who are the players and what roles do they exert? We have reviewed management structure of over 100 world class security management teams and have identified the key players in those organization.
The 24 positions that are on the typical Security Management Team of a large enterprise are:
- Chief Compliance Officer (CCO);
- Chief Digital Officer;
- Chief Mobility Officer;
- Chief Security Officer (CSO);
- Data Protection Officer (DPO);
- Data Security Administrator;
- Database Administrator;
- Director e-Commerce;
- Identity Management Protection Analyst
- Information Security Analyst
- Manager Data Security;
- Manager Facilities and Equipment;
- Manager Network & Computing
- Manager Network Services
- Manager Security and Workstations
- Manager Training and Documentation
- Manager Voice and Data Communication
- Manager Wireless Systems
- Network Security Analyst
- System Administrator - Linux
- System Administrator - Unix
- System Administrator - Windows
- VP Strategy and Architecture
- Wi-Fi Administrator
In mid-size and smaller enterprises the CIO or CSO assume many of the functions or delegate them to others in their organizational structures.