Automatic Aerial Security Systems, like perimeter surveillance and detection systems on the borders of different countries, are gaining immense popularity in the market. The aerial security system market is projected to experience the fastest growth rate over the forecast period.
Based on platform, ground-based systems held the largest market revenue share across the forecast period 2018 – 2023. The major challenges faced by ground border security are current international disputes, cross-border infiltration, illegal migration, smuggling, and other forms of illegal activity.
North America holds the largest share of the border security system market, and the market in the APAC region is expected to register the highest CAGR between 2018 and 2023. The major driver of the market in the APAC region is increased investment by China, India, and Japan for strengthening their surveillance and weapon guidance capabilities, and increased spending by governments to tackle terrorist attacks, infiltration, illegal immigration, and enemy invasion.
Growing Border Threats across the World
A sharp rise in terrorist activities, globally, has put the focus back on the protection of national boundaries on state radars. Asia-Pacific is also expected to see significant activities in border protection. Recent conflicts in the South China Sea have forced nations, such as Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia, and Taiwan, to strengthen the border security measures against China. India will also be a significant market, going forth, as it seeks to tackle its troublesome neighbors. South Korea and Japan will be implementing incremental features to counter the threats from North Korea and China, respectively.
Saudi Arabia is constructing a 600-mile wall on the border of Iraq where it installed state-of-the-art Spexer 2000 radar, which can detect pedestrians at a range of 17 km and helicopters up to a range of 36 km. The United Arab Emirates and other mid-eastern countries have recently come together to fight against ISIS and other terrorist activities; this is expected to boost the market not only in Saudi Arabia but the whole region.
The APAC region is expected to dominate in this sector, with a share of 43.8%, followed by North America, which is basically dominated by the US market. Russia and the United Kingdom are expected to account for a major market share in the European region.
Major Players in the market: Airbus group, Boeing, Cobham, and DRS Technologies, among others.
Key Developments in the Market
- February 2018: Dubai International Airport Inaugurated a New-generation Automated Border Control. The international airport of Dubai aims towards automated border control to improve its passenger’s security and immigration process through biometric enabled smart gates.
- February 2018: FXE became first general aviation airport with automated passport control kiosks. The airport has achieved a distinct milestone for implementation of automated passport control self-kiosks to strengthen border immigration protection and customs duty. FXE is the first general aviation airport to do so.
- July 2017: Airbus Defense and Space had expanded its World-DEM portfolio with the launch of WorldDEM4Ortho. Tailored for orthorectification of high and very high resolution optical and radar satellite data, WorldDEM4Ortho will enable corrections of all distortions induced by the topographical variations of the Earth’s surface and satellite orientation when acquiring an image. Covering the Earth’s entire land surface, World-DEM is the most consistent and accurate elevation model for orthorectification on a global scale.
- Provides latest insights into the border security market
- Gives a detailed analysis of key competitors in the border security market
- Forecasts the market value by assessing the impact of the market drivers and constraints
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate Sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet the desired requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service team/sales representative, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. MARKET OVERVIEW AND TRENDS
3.2 Market Trends
3.3 Porters Five Force Framework
3.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.3.5 Competitve rivalry within the Industry
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
5. GLOBAL BORDER SECURITY MARKET, BY PLATFORM
5.1 Land Based
5.2 Air Based
5.3 Sea Based
6. GLOBAL BORDER SECURITY MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
6.1 North America
6.1.1 United States
6.2 South America
6.3 Asia Pacific
6.4.1 United Kingdom
6.5 Africa and Middle East
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Saudi Arabia
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.2 Market Share Analysis
7.3 Developments of Key Players
8. KEY VENDOR ANALYSIS (Overview, Products & Services, Strategies)
8.1 Northrop Grumman
8.5 DRS Technologies
8.6 Elbit Systems
8.7 General Atomics
8.8 General Dynamics
8.11 Blighter Surveillance Systems
9. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET