1. Adaptive optical microscopy using image-based wavefront sensing Jacopo Antonello, Débora M. Andrade and Martin J. Booth;
2. Adaptive optical microscopy using guide-star based direct wavefront sensing Xiaodong Tao, Oscar Azucena and Joel Kubby;
Part II - Deep Tissue Microscopy:
3. Deep tissue fluorescence microscopy Meng Cui;
4. Zonal adaptive optical microscopy for deep tissue imaging Cristina Rodrıguez and Na Ji;
Part III - Focusing Light through Turbid Media using the Scattering Matrix:
5. Transmission matrix approach to light control in complex media Sylvain Gigan;
6. Coupling optical wavefront shaping and photoacoustics Emmanuel Bossy;
7. Imaging and controlling light propagation deep within scattering media using time-resolved reflection matrix Youngwoon Choi, Sungsam Kang and Wonshik Choi;
Part IV - Focusing Light through Turbid Media using Feedback Optimization:
8. Feedback-based wavefront shaping Ivo M. Vellekoop;
9. Focusing light through scattering media using a micro-electro-mechanical systems spatial light modulator Yang Lu and Hari P. Paudel;
10. Computer-generated holographic techniques to control light propagating through scattering media using a digital-mirror-device spatial light modulator Antonio M. Caravaca-Aguirre and Rafael Piestun;
11. Transmission matrix correlations Roarke Horstmeyer, Ivo M. Vellekoop and Benjamin Judkewitz;
Part V - Time Reversal, Optical Phase Conjugation:
12. Reﬂection matrix approaches in scattering media: from detection to imaging Amaury Badon, Alexandre Aubry and Mathias Fink;
13. Wavefront-engineered optical focusing into scattering media using ultrasound- or perturbation-based guide stars: TRUE, TRAP, SEWS, and PAWS Xiao Xu, Cheng Ma, Puxiang Lai and Lihong V. Wang;
Part VI - Shaped Beams for Light Sheet Microscopy:
14. Light-sheet microscopy with wavefront shaped beams: looking deeper into objects and increasing image contrast Alexander Rohrbach;
15. Shaped beams for light sheet imaging and optical manipulation Tom Vettenburg and Kishan Dholakia;
Part VII - Tomography:
16. Incoherent illumination tomography and adaptive optics Peng Xiao, Mathias Fink and A. Claude Boccara;
17. Computational adaptive optics for broadband optical interferometric tomography of biological tissue Nathan D. Shemonski, Yuan-Zhi Liu, Fredrick A. South and Stephen A. Boppart.
Joel Kubby was a Professor in the Jack Baskin School of Engineering at the University of California, Santa Cruz. He also authored A Guide to Hands-on MEMS Design and Prototyping (Cambridge, 2011).
Sylvain Gigan is a Professor at Sorbonne Université, Paris and Group Leader in the Laboratoire Kastler-Brossel, Paris.
Meng Cui Purdue University, Indiana.
Meng Cui is Assistant Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Biology at Purdue University, Indiana.