"Cigarettes in Nigeria, 2018", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Nigeria.
Smoking has traditionally been widespread, actions to target the non duty cigarettes market has helped drive the legitmate cigarette market in Nigeria. There are currently 5.4 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally, with 10% of adult male and 1.1% female smokers in 2017, or 5.6% of the adult population. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 105 pieces in 2017, compared with 16 pieces in 2000 and 83 pieces in 1990.
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2017 to 2027.
- Market volume in 2017 was 20 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, Nigerian consumers consumed an average of 105 cigarettes in 2017.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns.
- As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail Prices
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About Us
11.7. Contact Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, Billion Pieces, 1990-2017
Table 2: Duty Paid & Non-Duty Paid Cigarette Consumption, Billion Pieces, 1990-2017
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017
Table 4: Cigarette Market by Pack Type, Billion Pieces, 2000-2008
Table 5: Cigarette Market by Pack Type, %, 2000-2008
Table 6: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Billion Pieces, 2000-2017
Table 7: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, % Volume, 2000-2017
Table 8: Brands by Category
Table 9: Average Retail Prices of cigarette Brands in Ibadan, Nigeria, May 2013
Table 10: Price Index (Alcohol & Tobacco), 2009-2016
Table 11: Smoking Population, 1990-2017
Table 12: Smoking Prevalence by Region ( Nigeria), %, 2012
Table 13: Cigarette Production, Million Pieces & % 1990-2016
Table 14: Imports of Cigarettes, 1990-2017
Table 15: Imports by Country of Origin, 2000-2017, Million Pieces
Table 16: Imports by Country of Origin, 2007-2017, percentage
Table 17: Exports of Cigarettes, 2007-2017
Table 18: Exports by Country of Destination, 2008-2017, Million Pieces
Table 19: Exports by Country of Destination, 2008-2017, %
Table 20: Company profile: British American Tobacco (Nigeria) Ltd
Table 21: Consumption Forecasts to 2027
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Figure 2: At a glance