The global protective textiles market is reportedly growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.4%. Within the global protective textiles market, in 2017 the global heat and flame-resistant garments application segment accounted for 20% of the market and it is expected to continue growing at a CAGR of 3%. Some key drivers of the market identified in the report include: combatting user issues surrounding heat stress and lightweight properties, technology-driven updates, and changing cleaning and maintenance protocols etc. Additionally, the demand for firefighter PPE is expected to increase due to longer fire seasons and extreme weather conditions, creating demand for more firefighting professionals and volunteers globally.
This report provides an overview of the global firefighter personal protective equipment (PPE) market and gives some insight into the geographical markets of Europe and the US. It looks at how the role of the firefighter has developed over time and how the market is adapting to keep up with changing end-user and buyer needs. It provides a brief insight into drivers of growth, innovations, activities of key players, and key opportunities and challenges that exist for firefighter PPE manufacturers. This report is primarily intended for companies to take a broad perspective of the firefighter PPE market activity around textile-based products.
- This report provides textile companies with a brief overview of the firefighter PPE textiles market size and identifies some key forces underlying the market growth. Further, it briefly discusses some of the key factors that are taken into consideration while selecting firefighter protective clothing, in relation to the role of the firefighter today.
- It also briefly looks at some key influences on the market, to set a background to evaluate business opportunities and challenges.
- It also briefly discusses some of the key developments in the firefighter PPE textiles market to provide a broad perspective of the industry dynamics.
- The report also provides an additional further reading about key companies mentioned in the report, providing an insight into the companies overall operations.
1. Executive summary
2. Introduction to the firefighter personal protective equipment (PPE) market
3. The role of the firefighter today
4. The selection of firefighter protective clothing
4.1 Key factors influencing the selection of firefighter protective clothing
4.1.1 Cost pressures and quality
4.1.2 Cost of care and maintenance
4.1.3 Design and fit
5. Influences on the market
5.2 Consumer attitudes
5.3 Technological developments
5.3.1 Smart technologies
5.3.2 Other technological developments
7. Further reading
List of Figures
Figure 1. Components of the firefighter ensemble
Figure 2. Global protective textiles market value (2017-2025)
Figure 3. Global heat and flame-resistant protective textiles market value (2017-2025)
Figure 4. The share of different types of fire service calls received globally (2015)
Figure 5. Distribution of different types of fires encountered by firefighters globally (2015)
List of Tables
Table 1. Different types of operations performed by firefighters in 14 European countries
Table 2. Different types of operations carried out by firefighters and the hazards they require protection against
Table 3. Equipment selection and procurement bodies in 13 European countries
Table 4. EU public order and safety spending (2016)
Table 5. Global standard setting bodies and relevant standards
- Alexium International
- Bristol Uniforms
- Fire Chief
- General Recycled
- Globe Turnout Gear
- Holik International
- Lion Apparel
- PBI Products
- Recycled Firefighter
- Studio Wae
- Taiwan KK Corp
- Vandeputte Safety