This report is the result of extensive research covering the wealth market in Australia. The report covers wealth trends in the country over the past decade, with projections for the next 10 years.
- City wealth breakdowns for Australia.
- HNWI migration trends in Australia over the past 10 years.
- Asset allocations and behavioural mapping of HNWIs in Australia.
- Demographics of Australia HNWIs including: city, suburb, degree, university and sector breakdowns.
- Review of the local art, prime real estate and wealth management sector.
- Australia is the 9th largest wealth market in the world (in terms of total wealth held) after USA, China, Japan, UK, Germany, India, France and Canada.
- People living in Australia together hold US$6.1 trillion in net assets (or wealth). Around US$1.7 trillion (28%) of this is held by HNWIs.
- The average person living in Australia has net assets of approximately US$279,000. This makes Australia one of the five wealthiest countries in the world (on a wealth per capita basis) along with the likes of Monaco and Switzerland.
- There are approximately 377,000 HNWIs living in Australia, each with net assets of US$1 million or more.
- There are approximately 12,300 multi-millionaires living in Australia, each with net assets of US$10 million or more.
- There are 455 centi-millionaires living in Australia, each with net assets of US$100 million or more.
- There are 36 billionaires living in Australia, each with net assets of US$1 billion or more.
1.1 What is this Report About?
1.2 Notes and Definitions
2 Wealth Sector Fundamentals
2.1 Economic review
2.2 Benchmarking Australia’s Wealth in Context
2.2.1 World statistics
2.2.2 Distribution of wealth in Australia
2.2.3 Wealth trends
3 The wealthiest cities in Australia
4 HNWI trends in Australia
4.1 Behavioral mapping and asset allocations
4.2 Demographics of Australian HNWIs
4.2.1 Educational background
4.2.2 Industry breakdown
4.3 HNWI migration trends
4.4 Prime real estate
4.6 Luxury sector
4.7 Wealth management
5 The rise of Australia: case study
6 Wealth inequality in Australia
7 Population density and wealth
8 About the Researcher
LIST OF TABLES
Table 1: Australia: HNWI wealth band definitions
Table 2: Australia: City wealth breakdown, 2017
Table 3: Australia: HNWIs - Distribution by area of study, 2017
Table 4: Australia: HNWIs - Distribution by level of education, 2017
Table 5: Australia: HNWIs - Distribution by university, 2017
Table 6: Australia: HNWIs - Distribution by industry in key cities, 2017
Table 7: Australia: HNWI inflows by year, 2013 - 2017
Table 8: Australia: Major cities ranked by US$ per square meter, 2017
LIST OF FIGURES
Figure 1: Australia: Map of country
Figure 2: Australia: Behavioral mapping of the different wealth bands, 2017
- Credit Suisse
- Escala Partners
- Evans & Partners
- Hewison Private Wealth
- Morgan Stanley
- Myer Family Company