Ransomware Attacks and Regulatory Compliance Drive the SCM Market
The Greater China SCM market experienced a double-digit YoY growth rate of 14.2%. With the growing complexity of the threat landscape, email remains a highly targeted attack vector, with employees being vulnerable to attacks on an organization’s security. The outbreak of Wannacry in 2017 urged enterprises to invest in email security to protect against common attacks through email, be it ransomware, phishing, spear phishing, or even Business Email Compromise (BEC). The importance of Web content management/Web filtering was increasingly emphasized in the light of addressing an organization’s security challenges and the need to prevent legal liability due to failure to comply with regulations. BFSI, government and service provider vertical which rely much on email for either corporate communication or marketing were the key revenue contributors in the email security segment, as a result of the evolving and rising volume of attacks in these sectors. Manufacturing, government and BFSI were the key revenue generators in the Web security segment, as they are increasingly appreciative of the need to ensure a healthy in-house network environment and to reduce the risk of losing critical data and sensitive information.
In addition to market growth analysis, the study highlights the key driving forces of the SCM market. Some key drivers include the increasing risks associated with email and Web gateways which drive the need for SCM solutions. Besides, industry and local compliance continues to drive the investment in SCM for data protection and content management. Moreover, increasing adoption of mobility in the workplace requires organizations tighten control over online content to enhance productivity and to prevent threats.
Market trends are analyzed for the study period 2016 to 2022, with 2017 as base year. SCM solutions are the key focus area of this study. The vertical segmentation in this study includes the government, banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), service providers, manufacturing, education, and other sectors.
Companies mentioned in the SCM market's competitive landscape include Symantec, Sangfor, 360 ESG, Fortinet, Softnext, H3C Technologies, Forcepoint, Trend Micro, Cisco (Ironport), Cellopoint, and other small vendors. The countries covered by this study are China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan.
Key Issues Addressed
- Is the SCM market growing? How long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- What are the key trends of the SCM market in 2017 and in the future?
- What are the key drivers and restraints of the market?
- Which countries performed best in 2017?
- What is the competitive landscape across the Greater China region?
- What is the market growth forecast from 2017 to 2022?
Table of Contents
- Market Definitions
- Research Objectives
- Geographical Coverage
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Market Segmentation
- Forecast Assumptions
- Key Findings
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Revenue Forecast
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast by Segment Discussion
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Country
- Revenue Forecast by Country Discussion
- Market Share Analysis
- Competitive Environment
- Major Growth Opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 1—Vendor Discussions Which Must Move from Simply Meeting Compliance Requirements
- Growth Opportunity 2—Growing Cloud Adoption
- Growth Opportunity 3—An Integrated Security Platform
- Growth Opportunity 4—Incorporating Advanced Security Technology
- Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
- 3 Big Predictions
- Legal Disclaimer
- Market Engineering Methodology
- List of Exhibits
A selection of companies mentioned in this report includes:
- 360 ESG
- Cisco (Ironport)
- H3C Technologies
- Trend Micro