Modern network systems such as Internet of Things, Smart Grid, VoIP traffic, Peer-to-Peer protocol, and social networks, are inherently complex. They require powerful and realistic models and tools not only for analysis and simulation but also for prediction.
This book covers important topics and approaches related to the modeling and simulation of complex communication networks from a complex adaptive systems perspective. The authors present different modeling paradigms and approaches as well as surveys and case studies.
With contributions from an international panel of experts, this book is essential reading for networking, computing, and communications professionals, researchers and engineers in the field of next generation networks and complex information and communication systems, and academics and advanced students working in these fields.
- Chapter 1: Modeling and simulation: the essence and increasing importance
- Chapter 2: Flexible modeling with Simio
- Chapter 3: A simulation environment for cybersecurity attack analysis based on network traffic logs
- Part II: Surveys and reviews
- Chapter 4: Demand-response management in smart grid: a survey and future directions
- Chapter 5: Applications of multi-agent systems in smart grid: a survey and taxonomy
- Chapter 6: Shortest path models for scale-free network topologies: literature review and cross comparisons
- Part III: Case studies and more
- Chapter 7: Accurate modeling ofVoIP traffic in modern communication
- Chapter 8: Exploratory and validated agent-based modeling levels case study: Internet of Things
- Chapter 9: Descriptive agent-based modeling of the "Chord" P2P protocol
- Chapter 10: Descriptive agent-based modeling of Kademlia peer-to-peer protocol
- Chapter 11: Descriptive agent-based modeling of the "BitTorrent" P2P protocol
- Chapter 12: Social networks - a scientometric visual survey
COMSATS Islamabad, Pakistan.
Muaz A. Niazi is Chief Scientific Officer (Professor) at COMSATS Islamabad, Pakistan. His areas of research interest are in the Modeling, Simulation, and Engineering of Complex Adaptive Systems using various techniques such as agent-based and complex network based approaches. He also has an interest and experience in distributed pervasive/mobile application development. He is the founding Editor-in-Chief of two journals and a senior member of the IEEE.