"Cigarettes in Sri Lanka, 2018", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Sri Lankan market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
The Sri Lankan cigarette market has suffered mixed fortunes in recent times. After seeing strong growth in 2010 and 2011, the sector was badly hit by tax rises in 2012 which reduced sales by 3.8%, with a further fall in volumes of 5.4% following in 2013. Further, more serious problems have followed since 2014 a growing number of smoker’s downtrading to beedies. Volumes are forecast to have dropped back to 3.15 billion pieces in 2017 impacted badly by the introduction of VAT on cigarettes in 2016.
- The cigarette smoking population had been broadly stable although recently there is evidence that the percentage of adults is falling.
- Sri Lanka has only one significant domestic cigarette manufacturer: the 84%-owned BAT subsidiary Ceylon Tobacco Company (CTC).
- Imports and exports are of little importance to the overall market. Imports are low due to the high tariff on entry while exports are restricted to the Maldives, meaning quantities are small.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
11.5. About the Publisher
11.7. Contact Us
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, Million Pieces, 1990-2017
Table 2: Non-Duty Paid Cigarette Sales, Million Pieces, 1993-2017
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2017
Table 4: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, Million Pieces, 2000-2003 & 2008-2013
Table 5: Market Breakdown by Type: Filter v Plain, % Breakdown, 2000-2003 & 2008-2013
Table 6: Market Segmentation, % Volume, 2008, 2009 & 2012
Table 7: Market Breakdown by Pack Type, %, 1999-2003 & 2008-2010
Table 8: Manufacturer Sales, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 9: Manufacturer Market Share, % Volume, 2000-2017
Table 10: Brand Shares, % Volume, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 & 2017
Table 11: Development of Cigarette Tax Rates, 2000-2018, Rs per 1,000 Cigarettes
Table 12: Excise Tax Revenues (Cigarettes), Rs Billion, 2002-2016
Table 13: Retail Prices, Selected Brands, 2000-2017
Table 14: CTC: Selected Cigarette Prices, Rs/Pack, 2015 & 2016
Table 15: Smoking Population, 1990-2017
Table 16: Smoking Prevalence by Age & Gender, % of Total, 2003
Table 17: Cigarette Production, Million Pieces, 1990-2017
Table 18: Cigarette Imports, Million Pieces, 1990-2017
Table 19: Cigarette Imports, Million Pieces, 2007-2017
Table 20: Cigarette Imports, % Volume, 2007-2017
Table 21: Cigarette Exports, Million Pieces, 1990-2017
Table 22: Exports by Country of Destination, Million Pieces, 2007-2017
Table 23: Exports by Country of Destination, % Volume, 2007-2017
Table 24: Company profile: Ceylon Tobacco Company Ltd
Table 25: Consumption Forecasts to 2027
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology
Figure 2: Global Data at a glance 51