South America Functional Water Market Dynamics
The easy availability of international brands because of the strong retail network chain is one of the main reasons for the rise in demand of functional water in South America. Americans now drink, by volume, more bottled functional water than any other packaged beverage. For more than a decade, the consumption of carbonated drinks has been declining, while sales of functional water has been steadily rising.
South America Functional Water Market Segmentation
By ingredients, vitamins and minerals are expected to witness growth over the forecast period in the South American functional water market.
The increased scope of the organized distribution channel, including wholesale and retail, has led to a rise in the sale of functional water. Retail and wholesale chains, like Target, Walmart, and Costco are the major sales channels for functional water. Brazilian association of Technical Norms has made it mandatory for the manufacturers in Brazil to use polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles, as they may be recycled and are environment friendly.
South America Functional Water Market Regional Analysis
Brazil is SouthAmerica’s largest economy and accounts for almost half of the population of Latin America. Brazil has a diversified economic base, which is categorized by large agricultural, raw material manufacturing, and service sectors. This diversification leads to changing consumer preferences.
Key Developments in the Market
- Apr 2018 - Coca-Cola introduced two new sub-brands-Vitaminwater active and Powerade Zero. The beverages are made of natural flavors and colors and offer the antioxidants, Vitamin C and E.
Major Players: Groupe Danone, The Coca-Cola Company, PepsiCo Inc., Hint Water, Mountain Valley Spring Company LLC, Suntory Beverage & Food Ltd, Grupo Vichy Catalan, Ambev., Icelandic Water Holdings ehf, and CG Roxane, among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analysis of the future outlook of the market with recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors, which are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Regional- and country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape, involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months of analyst support, along with the market estimates sheet (in Excel).
- This report may be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service Team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Phases
1.4 Scope of the Market
2. South America Functional Water Market Insight
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness-Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. South America Functional Water Market Dynamics
4. South America Functional Water Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.3 Other Product Types
4.2 By Distribution Channel
4.2.2 Specialty Store
4.2.3 Online Store
4.2.4 Other Distribution Channels
4.3 By Packaging Type
4.3.1 PET Bottle
4.3.2 Glass Bottle
5. South America Functional Water Market Regional Analysis
5.1 South America
5.1.1 Brazil Functional Water Market Size (2018-2023)
5.1.2 Argentina Functional Water Market Size (2018 - 2023)
5.1.3 Rest of South America Functional Water Market Size (2018 - 2023)
6. South America Functional Water Market Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Most adopted Strategies
6.3 Market Share Analysis
7. South America Functional Water Market Company Profiles
7.1 Groupe Danone
7.2 The Coca Cola Company
7.3 PepsiCo Inc.
7.4 Hint Water
7.5 Mountain Valley Spring Company LLC
7.6 Suntory Beverage & Food Ltd
7.7 Grupo Vichy Catalan
7.9 Icelandic Water Holdings ehf
7.10 CG Roxane