North America Nutricosmetics Market Dynamics
Increasing acceptance of nutricosmetic products, especially the herbal supplements in the United States, boosts the demand for nutricosmetics market. Growing confidence among younger consumers over the power of natural oral herbal formulations in preserving beauty creates demand for nutricosmetics in North America. Stricter regulations in the United States are curbing the large-scale success of the market studied, in comparison to other regions, globally. Fortified and functional foods are becoming more popular among health-conscious consumers, leading to the higher uptake of carotenoids among major food companies. Carotenoids are known to have many antioxidant properties. Many nutricosmetic manufacturers use natural ingredients, such as fruit extracts and PUFA, which when ingested, can enhance the appearance of skin, nails, and hair.
North America Nutricosmetics Market Segmentation
The market is segmented on the basis of ingredient and application. The market by ingredient is segmented into carotenoids, vitamins, collagen, omega-3 fatty acids, CoQ10, keratin, and other ingredients. Based on application the market is segmented into: skin care, hair care, weight management, and others. Collagen accounted for the largest market share in 2017, owing to the rising trend of “beauty from within” and the aging population in the North American countries and usage of collagen in manufacturing nutricosmetics products. CoQ10 is expected to register the significant CAGR during the forecast period (2018-2023).
North America Nutricosmetics Market Regional Analysis
North America is expected to have significant growth during the forecast period. The United States formed the major market, contributing to the highest demand for Nutricosmetics in North America. In the United States, high adoption rates have been recorded in the baby-boomer generation and aged population. This directs the focus toward Gen X and Y to realize the productivity of the products, which in turn creates an opportunity for the players to focus on such target groups. Increasing acceptance of nutricosmetic products, especially the herbal supplements in the United States, boosts the demand for nutricosmetics market.
Key Developments in the Market
- Feb 2012 - Pfizer acquired Alacer Corp., a leading vitamin supplements company. Alacer is a manufacturer and distributor of Emergen-C products, a well-known vitamin C brand in the United States.
Major Players: Amway, Herbalife Nutrition, Pfizer Inc., GNC Holdings Inc., GLISODIN SKIN NUTRIENTS, Lucas Meyer Cosmetics S.A.S., Croda International Plc, Sanofi-Aventis U.S. LLC, BioCell Technology, LLC, Beiersdorf AG among others.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics that essentially consider the factors impelling the present market scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country-level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel)
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service Team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Research Phases
1.4 Scope of the Study
2. North America Nutricosmetics Market - Insights
2.1 Market Overview
2.2 Market Trends
2.3 Industry Attractiveness-Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
2.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
2.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
2.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
2.3.5 Degree of Competition
3. North America Nutricosmetics Market - Dynamics
4. North America Nutricosmetics Market - Segmentation
4.1 By Ingredient
4.1.4 Omega-3 Fatty Acids
4.1.7 Other Ingredients
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Skin Care
4.2.2 Hair Care
4.2.3 Weight Management
4.2.4 Other Applications
5. North America Nutricosmetics Market - Regional Analysis
5.1.1 United States Nutricosmetics Market Size (2018-2023)
5.1.2 Canada Nutricosmetics Market Size (2018-2023)
5.1.3 Mexico Nutricosmetics Market Size (2018-2023)
5.1.4 Rest of North America Nutricosmetics Market Size (2018-2023)
6. North America Nutricosmetics Market - Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
7. North America Nutricosmetics Market - Company profiles
7.2 Herbalife Nutrition
7.3 Pfizer Inc.
7.4 GNC Holdings Inc.
7.5 GLISODIN SKIN NUTRIENTS
7.6 Lucas Meyer Cosmetics S.A.S.
7.7 Croda International Plc
7.8 Sanofi-Aventis U.S. LLC
7.9 BioCell Technology, LLC
7.10 Beiersdorf AG
*The list is not exhaustive