"The market for SDO in NFV/SDN-enabled networks will reach USD655 million by 2022 with a 45% CAGR, and the overall SDO market will reach about USD10 billion, with a CAGR of 0.9%."
Most of the automation associated with network function virtualisation (NFV) is currently focused on resources and runtime, that is, in the NFV orchestration layers. To fully translate service agility into direct customer benefits, communications service providers (CSPs) must automate the design time operations in order to deliver the type of real-time digital experiences that are the hallmark of hyperscale companies.
This forecast report provides:
- a detailed, 5-year worldwide forecast for spending in the monetisation platforms market, split into:
- four application segments: activation, inventory management, engineering systems and order management
- two delivery types: product-related and professional services
- four telecoms services: mobile, IoT, consumer fixed and business fixed
- eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP), Latin America (LATAM), the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), North America (NA), Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE)
- an examination of key market drivers and inhibitors, and how they will change during the forecast period
- analysis of the business environment and regional dynamics that will influence the monetisation platforms market
- a detailed market definition
- recommendations for CSPs and vendors.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What are the key trends and factors that will affect the service design and orchestration software systems market during 2018–2022?
- What are the growth rates in each of the sub-segments?
- What are the regional factors that will drive growth?
- What should vendors do to exploit new business opportunities?
- How will professional services for service design and orchestration software systems perform during the forecast period?
- What are the major drivers and inhibitors that will influence CSP spending on service design and orchestration software systems?
Who Should Read this Report
- Vendor strategy teams that need to understand where growth is slowing and where it is increasing, according to different sub-segment categories.
- Product management teams responsible for feature functionality and geographical focus, and product marketing teams responsible for market-share growth.
- CSPs planning network function virtualisation (NFV)/software-defined networking (SDN) and digital transformation journeys.
Anil Rao Principal Analyst, Research
Anil is the lead analyst for the Automated Assurance and Service Design and Orchestration research programmes, covering a broad range of topics on the existing and new-age operational systems that will power operators' digital transformations. His main areas of focus include service creation, provisioning and service operations in NFV/SDN-based networks, 5G, IoT and edge clouds; the use of analytics, ML and AI to increase operations efficiency and agility; and the broader imperatives around operations automation and zero touch networks. In addition to producing both quantitative and qualitative research for both programmes, Anil also works with clients on a range of consulting engagements such as strategy assessment and advisory, market sizing, competitive analysis and market positioning, and marketing support through thought leadership collateral. Anil is also a frequent speaker and chair at industry events, and holds a BEng in Computer Science from the University of Mysore and an MBA from Lancaster University Management School, UK.