In global market, the top10 automotive seating giants like Adient, Lear, Toyota Boshoku and Faurecia currently grab a combined share of over 90%. Among them, Adient, the biggest player, forges long-term partnerships with automakers by establishing joint ventures with them, with a large client base almost covering all OEMs; Lear has four major clients, i.e., Ford, GM, BMW and FCA for targeting North American and European markets.
In China, Adient and Lear are the two suppliers of seating systems for American and German automobiles; for Japanese auto brands, TS is the only supplier of Honda and Toyota Boshoku supplies most seating products for Toyota while Nissan has more suppliers. Most Chinese auto brands also use products of joint venture manufacturers, for example, Great Wall Motor, BYD, Chery and Geely produce some themselves but also purchase from suppliers. Co-funded auto brands have their upsides in price and performance, boasting scale effects and complete supply chain; homegrown automakers set up their own seating divisions just for a say in market and a more flexible supply chain.
Automotive seats trend to be safe, intelligent, personalized, lightweight, green and comfortable in the era of “intelligent, electrified, connected and shared” vehicles. Many a seating manufacturer like Lear, Adient and Faurecia already makes layout of intelligent seating which will be deeply integrated into connected vehicles, providing passengers with intelligent, safe and comfortable driving experience.
In addition to technological upgrades, seating companies’ complete seating solutions will be the megatrend of the industry, leading to frequent M&As among seating vendors.
Global and China Automotive Seating Industry Report, 2018-2023 highlights the following:
- Automotive seating (overview, composition, functions, classification, industry chain, etc.);
- Global automotive seating industry (market size, competitive pattern, supply pattern of major automakers, development trends, etc.);
- China automotive seating industry (market size, competitive pattern, supply pattern of major automakers, development trends, etc.);
- Major global and Chinese automotive seating companies (operation, seating business, development tendencies, etc.).
1.3 Industry Chain
2 Global Automotive Seating Market
2.1 Market Size
2.2 Top10 Automotive Seating Companies
2.3 Regional Structure
2.4 Automotive Seating Suppliers for OEMs
2.5 Development Trend
3 China Automotive Seating Market
3.1 Market Size
3.2 Competitive Landscape
3.3 Automotive Seating Suppliers for OEMs
4. Global and China Automotive Market
4.2.1 Market Size
5. Automotive Seating Companies
5.1.3 Seating Business
5.1.4 Development in China
5.1.5 Yanfeng Adient
5.1.6 Changchun Faway Adient Automotive System Co., Ltd. (CFAA)
5.2.3 Seating Business
5.2.4 Development in China
5.2.5 Development Trend
5.3 TOYOTA BOSHKOU
5.3.3 Development in China
5.3.4 Tianjin Intex Auto Parts Co., Ltd.
5.3.5 Development Planning
5.4.3 Seating Business
5.4.4 Development in China
5.5 TS Tech
5.5.3 Development in China
5.5.4 Guangzhou TS Automotive Interior Systems Co., Ltd.
5.5.5 Wuhan TS-GSK Auto Parts Co., Ltd.
5.5.6 Development Planning
5.6.3 Development in China
5.7.3 Seating Business
5.7.4 Development in China
5.8.3 Seating Business
5.8.4 Development in China
5.9 NHK Spring
5.9.3 Seating Business
5.9.4 Development in China
5.11 Wuhan Xinyunhe Automotive Seating Co., Ltd.
5.13.3 Development in China
5.14.3 Seating Business
5.14.4 Development in China
5.15.3 Seating Business
5.15.4 Development in China
5.15.5 Beijing Lear Dymos Automotive Systems Co., Ltd.
- Yanfeng Adient
- Changchun Faway Adient Automotive System Co., Ltd. (CFAA)
- TOYOTA BOSHKOU
- Tianjin Intex Auto Parts Co., Ltd.
- TS Tech
- Guangzhou TS Automotive Interior Systems Co., Ltd.
- Wuhan TS-GSK Auto Parts Co., Ltd.
- NHK Spring
- Wuhan Xinyunhe Automotive Seating Co., Ltd.
- Beijing Lear Dymos Automotive Systems Co., Ltd.