This issue of Advanced Coatings and Surface Technology TOE showcases a unique nanoscale glass coating, which could be applied on mobile touchscreens to eliminate the transmission of mobile touch borne diseases. A roof coating, which can eliminate the risk of water permeation in roofs to maintain durable buildings for years, is also discussed. Also highlighted is an adhesion promoter, which when applied between coatings can eliminate the need of sanding. Finally, a copper-free coating additive, which acts as a bio-repellent for marine coatings to prevent bio-fouling from algae and barnacles is also discussed.
The Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications and strategic insights on various coatings across industries. This encompasses protective and functional coatings such as antimicrobial coatings, food coatings, energy-saving coatings, smart glazing, hydrophilic, hydrophobic and super hydrophobic coatings, corrosion protection coatings, barrier coatings and paints.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research & innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thin films, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
1. Recent Innovations in Advanced Coatings and Surface Technologies
- Nano-scale Glass Coating for Eliminating Risks of Infectious Diseases
- Nanocoating for Superhydrophobic and Water Impermeable Roofs
- Nano-scale Adhesion Promoters that Eliminate the Need of Sanding
- Metal-free Additives that Prevent Fouling in Underwater Marine Structures
- Ceramic Coatings for Automobiles with High Visual Appeal