Objectives of the Presentation
- CMO management principles
- Supplier quality categories
- Approved Vendor List (AVL)
- Phases of CMO selection from initial telephone inquiry to quality survey to qualification audit
- Planning a qualification audit-establishing evaluation team
- Conducting a qualification audit-key points to evaluate
- Decision factors for selecting a CMO-key practical points
- Distinctive technical competence
- Optimum CMO size
- Risk of educating future competitor
- Key points for the contract
- Change approval by both CMO and company
- Quality Agreement
- Dealing with uncooperative suppliers
Regulatory agencies require that companies carefully select suppliers and contract manufacturers. The responsibility for product quality and safety remains with the company. It cannot be delegated to the Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO). CMO’s must be selected following a rigorous formalized procedure.
This webinar will describe a compliant program based on regulatory requirements and the author’s personal experience in qualifying over 40 CMO’s in the medical device industry.
Edwin Waldbusser ,
Regulatory Consultant ,
Med Device Advisors
Ed retired from the industry after 30 years in management of development of medical device products and development of company Quality Systems. He was involved in the development of products such as IVD devices, kidney dialysis systems and inhalation devices.
His QS experience includes, design control, risk analysis, CAPA, software validation, supplier qualification/ control and manufacturing/non-conforming product programs. He now consults in the area of quality systems for medical devices with emphasis on design control, software validation, risk analysis and human factors analysis.
Ed has a B.S. Mechanical Engineering from NYU and a M.B.A from Drexel University. He is certified by Lloyds of London as an ISO 9000 Lead Auditor and is a member of the Thomson Reuters Expert Witness network. He has 5 issued patents. He is also owner of meddeviceadvisors which offers over 80 easy to customize medical device Quality System SOP's.
- Engineering personnel
- QA personnel
- Software developers
- Project managers
- Regulatory affairs professionals
- Global contract manufacturing transfer teams
- Quality Control personnel
- Research & Development
- Regulatory Affairs Professionals
- Those that use contract manufacturing and contract testing facilities
- Microbiology Professionals
- Project Managers