The Tools & Techniques of Estate Planning for Modern Families, 3rd Edition discusses estate planning issues with a particular focus on how they apply to modern families. It moves from a basic estate planning overview to a discussion of the unique issues in today’s modern families. It also includes tax issues, premarital and relationship formalization considerations, lifetime estate planning options, and more!
Highlights of the 3rd Edition
This newest edition has been completely revised, featuring several new and updated chapters including strategies to help clients plan for various scenarios. This edition provides valuable insights into the following areas:
- Clients in long-term polyamorous relationships
- Planning for single clients
- Clients with nonmarital children
- Client goals related to cryonics and cloning, including techniques for the creation of personal revival trusts
- Clients with intellectual property assets
- Clients’ pet-related legacy goals
- Modern philanthropy trends in estate planning
- New technologies and trends in conception and their legal implications, including posthumously conceived children
- Planning techniques that utilize the new Section 199A Qualified Business Income (QBI) deduction
- Updates to trust planning and income tax considerations in estate planning
- Planning for longer lifespans and fading capacity
- Digital assets and intellectual property, which may have a lifespan that exceeds its creator
Written by experts in the subject matter, this publication is filled with practical advice and examples in an easy-to-understand language, helping you assist your clients in making the best decisions for themselves and for their families.