IP Core Protection and Hardware-Assisted Security for Consumer Electronics presents established and novel solutions for security and protection problems related to IP cores (especially those based on DSP/multimedia applications) in consumer electronics. The topic is important to researchers in various areas of specialization, encompassing overlapping topics such as EDA-CAD, hardware design security, VLSI design, IP core protection, optimization using evolutionary computing, system-on-chip design and application specific processor/hardware accelerator design.
The book begins by introducing the concepts of security, privacy and IP protection in information systems. Later chapters focus specifically on hardware-assisted IP security in consumer electronics, with coverage including essential topics such as hardware Trojan security, robust watermarking, fingerprinting, structural and functional obfuscation, encryption, IoT security, forensic engineering based protection, JPEG obfuscation design, hardware assisted media protection, PUF and side-channel attack resistance.
- Chapter 2: Security in consumer electronics and internet of things (IoT)
- Chapter 3: Trojan security aware DSP IP core and integrated circuits
- Chapter 4: IP core and integrated circuit protection using robust watermarking
- Chapter 5: Symmetrical protection of DSP IP core and integrated circuits using fingerprinting and watermarking
- Chapter 6: Computational forensic engineering for resolving ownership conflict of DSP IP core
- Chapter 7: Structural obfuscation of DSP cores used in CE devices
- Chapter 8: Functional obfuscation of DSP cores used in CE devices
- Chapter 9: Obfuscation of JPEG CODEC IP core for CE devices
- Chapter 10: Advanced encryption standard (AES) and its hardware watermarking for ownership protection
- Chapter 11: Hardware approaches for media and information protection and authentication
- Chapter 12: Physical unclonable functions (PUFs)
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore, India.
Anirban Sengupta is an Associate Professor in the Discipline of Computer Science and Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore. He has authored more than 182 publications and patents. His is recipient of several awards/honors such as IEEE Distinguished Lecturer, Outstanding Editor Award, IEEE CESoc Best Research Award from CEM, Best Research paper Award in IEEE ICCE 2019, IEEE Computer Society TCVLSI Outstanding Editor Award in 2017 and IEEE TCVLSI Best Paper Award in IEEE iNIS 2017. He holds 12 Editorial positions in Journals. He is the Editor-in-Chief of IEEE VCAL (Computer Society TCVLSI), and General Chair of 37th IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE) 2019, Las Vegas.Saraju P. Mohanty Tenured Full Professor.
University of North Texas (UNT), USA.
Saraju P. Mohanty is a tenured full Professor at the University of North Texas (UNT) where he directs the 'Smart Electronic Systems (SESL)'. He has authored 280 research articles, 3 books, and invented 4 US patents. He has received various awards and honors, including IEEE-CS-TCVLSI Distinguished Leadership Award in 2018, IEEE Distinguished Lecturer by the Consumer Electronics Society (CESoc) in 2017, PROSE Award for best Textbook in Physical Sciences & Mathematics in 2016, and 2016-17 UNT Toulouse Scholars award. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Consumer Electronics Magazine (CEM). He serves as the Chair of Technical Committee on VLSI, IEEE Computer Society. He has received 4 best paper awards and has delivered multiple keynote talks at various International Conferences.