The total Soft Drinks Market is now worth Euro 76.9 billion and is forecast to grow at an average annual 2.2% in current prices during the next five years
but with major variations between countries and products.
- A unique strategic vision of demand and supply in the 16-country European Soft Drinks market is presented
- in particular, identifying the numerous companies present together with their market shares and major brands by country and product.
- Taken together this report provides a unique and invaluable hard data strategic picture of the dynamics of this market from both a demand and a supply perspective.
This Report includes:
- A detailed 45-page Executive Summary including 28 graphs and 7 tables
- A complete Market Data Report covering demand and supply data for each of the country and product markets in the report
45 pages Include 28 graphs and 7 tables see a detailed table of contents for years covered
- This Executive Summary presents a detailed comparative analysis of the country and products markets from numerous aspects that taken together provide an insightful SWOT picture for strategic decision-making.
- 28 bar graphs pie charts and combination charts enable key markets to be identified at a glance providing invaluable insights into market opportunities.
- 7 data tables complement these summing up the overall market (see a detailed table of contents).
- Drawing on the 10,000 companies and 25,000 company market shares contained in the main online database leading companies for each of the product markets and overall in the market are identified and provide unrivaled coverage of the dominance and presence of the main players.
On the demand side Commented graphs and tables systematically identify leading markets by product and by country and cover:
- The total market
- Retail and foodservice markets
- Historic growth trends
- Per capita consumption and expenditure
- Combination market size and growth graphs
- The Top-10 players overall identified by dominance (market share) and presence (number of individual markets in which present)
- The Top-100 companies by market share (the market data report lists these and more)
- Own label (private label) branded unbranded and Artisanal (own-produced for own-sale)
Market Data Report Coverage
112 country/product markets: This report provides detailed demand and supply (company market shares and brands) data covering 7 product markets in each of 16 European countries:
- Mineral Water
- Soft Drinks
- Fruit Juices
- Fruit Drinks
- Squashes And Concentrates
- Health & Sports Drinks
- United Kingdom
- Total Demand (Retail + Foodservice) by Volume and Value for 2012, 2016and 2017 and forecasts for 2018, 2019 and 2020.
- Retail and Foodservice Demand by Volume and Value for 2017.
- Company Market Shares by Value for 2018.
- Key Company Subsidiaries.
- Brand Listings by Company
- Product and Country
- Own label (private label) branded unbranded and Artisanal (own made for own sale) market shares.
This report is based on the publisher's international food and drink markets database going strong since 1989. The database is continuously updated and reports which are produced at the time of order are consequently fully up-to-date at all times. The database now covers some 160+ products in 30 countries in North America, Europe, and the BRIC countries. Its reliability for accurate data based on long experience has long ensured its success over the years.
A complete quantitative hard data demand and supply analysis of final human consumption in the country and product markets covered is provided. All product markets are carefully defined so as to be comparable across all countries.
112 markets, 610 companies, and 1154 company market shares and brands are assessed by country, company and product for your strategic planning marketing campaigns and merger & acquisition projects.
All holding companies identified are presented by country and product and also listed alphabetically with their key subsidiaries by country detailing the product markets in which the latest market shares have been identified. The overall share in the market covered is provided. The estimated percent contribution of each product to final (retail + foodservice) sales is also provided.
Why You Should Buy This Report
This report entails a fully up-to-date mapping of the market providing valuable support to strategic marketing decisions in particular regarding:
- Strategic Planning
- Marketing & Sales
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Market Opportunities & Risks
- Companies Strengths & Weaknesses
Global Report (30 countries)
All countries listed below by region.
Europe (24 countries):
Groups Western and Eastern Europe
Western Europe (16 countries):
- United Kingdom
Eastern Europe (8 countries):
- Czech Republic
North America (3 countries):
The BRIC countries (4 countries):
No. of Pages: 45
- DatabaseCountry & Product List
- Foreword - Data Collection Principles
- Data Collection Principles
1.1 Full Database Coverage
1.2 Online Website
1.3 Key Definitions
2. The Soft Drinks Market In Western Europe
2.1 Importance Of The Soft Drinks Market In Western Europe
2.2 The Total Market
2.2.1 The Total Market by Country
2.2.2 The Total Market by Product
2.2.3 Identifying leadingCountry/Product Markets
2.3 The Retail And Foodservice Markets
2.3.1 Retail and Foodservice Market Overview
2.3.2 Retail and Foodservice Analysis by Country
184.108.40.206 Retail Market Shares by Country
220.127.116.11 Foodservice Market Shares by Country
18.104.22.168 Foodservice Vs Retail Markets by Country
2.3.3 Retail Versus Foodservice Analysis by Product
22.214.171.124 Retail Market Shares by Product
126.96.36.199 Foodservice Market Shares by Product
188.8.131.52 Foodservice Vs Retail Markets by Product
2.4 Historic Growth Trends
2.4.1 Summary of Historic Trends
2.4.2Country Market Analysis
184.108.40.206 Total Product Markets by Country
220.127.116.11 Expenditure Per Capita by Country
18.104.22.168 Market Growth by Country in Current Values
22.214.171.124 Market % Growth by Country in Current Values
126.96.36.199 Current Values and % Growth Rates Compared by Country
2.4.3 Product Market Analysis
188.8.131.52 Total Markets by Product
184.108.40.206 Expenditure Per Capita by Product
220.127.116.11 Total Market Growth by Product in Current Values
18.104.22.168 Market % Growth by Product in Current Values
22.214.171.124 Current Values and % Growth Rates Compared by Product
2.5 Forecast Growth Trends
2.5.1 Forecast 2017-2020 Value Market Growth by Product
2.5.2 Forecast 2017-2020 Value Market Growth by Product
2.5.3 Forecast 2017-2020 Growth Rates Compared by Product
2.6 Strategic Company Analysis And Competitor Environment In 2018
2.6.1 Introduction and The Top-10 Players in Western Europe
2.6.2 The Top Company Players in Western Europe
126.96.36.199 Market Dominance
188.8.131.52 Market Presence
2.6.3 Strategic Market Overview
2.6.4 Assessing the Major Forces in the Market
2.6.5 Private Label (Own Label), Branded and Artisanal Distribution Channels
2.6.6 The Top-100 Companies by Market Share
2.7 Major Brands And Market Reference System
List of Tables
Table 2-1: 2012 & 2017 Total West European Markets
Table 2-1: The LeadingCountry & Product Markets
Table 2-3: The 2017 Retail & Foodservice Product Markets
Table 2-4: 2012-2017 Growth Trend Rankings by Country
Table 2-5: 2012-2017 Growth Trend Rankings by Product
Table 2-6: 2017-2020 Forecast Growth Rates by Product
Table 2-7: The Top-10 Company Market Shares by Country & Product
Table 2-8: The Top-100 Companies by Value Market Share
List of Figures
Figure 2-1: 2017 Soft Drinks Markets Vs Total Food & Drink Market
Figure 2-2: Total 2017 West European Market by Country
Figure 2-3: Total 2017 West European Market by Product
Figure 2-4: 2012 & 2017 West European Product Markets
Figure 2-5: Total 2017 West European Market by Product
Figure 2-6: 2017Country Retail Market Shares: All Selected Products
Figure 2-7: 2017Country Foodservice Market Shares: All Selected Products
Figure 2-8: 2017 Foodservice Vs RetailCountry Markets
Figure 2-9: 2017 Retail Market Shares by Product
Figure 2-10: 2017 Foodservice Market Shares by Product
Figure 2-11: 2017 Retail Vs Foodservice Markets By Product
Figure 2-12: Total 2012 & 2017 Markets by Country
Figure 2-13: 2012 & 2017 Per Capita Expenditure by Country
Figure 2-14: 2012 & 2017 % Change in Per Capita Consumption
Figure 2-15: 2012 & 2017 Market Growth In Euro Millions by Country
Figure 2-16: 2012 & 2017 Current Av. Annual % Market Growth by Country
Figure 2-17: 2012 & 2017 Absolute and Percent Growth Rates by Country
Figure 2-18: Total 2012 & 2017 Markets By Product
Figure 2-19: 2012 & 2017 Per Capita Expenditure By Product
Figure 2-20: 2012 & 2017 % Change in Per Capita Consumption
Figure 2-21: 2012 & 2017 Value Market Growth By Product
Figure 2-22: 2012 & 2017 current Av. Annual % Market Growth by Product
Figure 2-23: 2012 & 2017 Absolute and Percent Growth Rates by Product
Figure 2-24: Forecast 2017-2020 Market Growth by Product
Figure 2-25: Forecast 2017-2020 % Value Market Growth by Product
Figure 2-26: Forecast Value and % Market Growth by Product
Figure 2-27: Strategic Market Presence of Top-10 Companies
Figure 2-28: Dominance of the Top-30 Companies
Figure 2-29: Branded Vs Own Label, Unbranded and Artisanal
- Product coverage and definition
- Mineral Water - Mineral and spring waters (carbonated, sparkling, still and/or flavoured), fountains. [D: inc. ""Heilwasser and Tafelwasser""] [Japan: inc ""near water"" drinks].
- Soft Drinks - Unconcentrated soft drinks (lemonades, tonics, colas, mixers, bitters, etc.), usually carbonated, excluding fruit-based drinks. Note: the flavouring for such drinks is obtained from artificial substances.
- Fruit Juices and Drinks - All products in this group in ready-to-drink form.
- Fruit Juices - Cartoned, canned and bottled fruit and vegetable juices, including fruit nectars, with no added water or other substances. Includes freshly squeezed drinks, drinks reconstituted from long-shelf-life juice pastes and drinks pasteurised from squeezed juice.
- Fruit Drinks - Fruit juice-based drinks, carbonated or not, excluding pure fruit juices. Includes vending and excludes dispensing machines
- Squashes and Concentrates - Squashes, cordials and concentrated soft drinks, including frozen concentrates (undiluted volume). Excludes concentrates for vending and dispensing machines
- Health & Sports Drinks - Health drinks, including "sports" drinks, isotonic drinks.
- Iced Tea - Iced tea, still and carbonated (Japan: ready-to-drink tea, all types, excluding canned coffee).
- All Soft Drinks & Juices - All products in this group in ready-to-drink form (concentrate volumes multiplied by 4.68 for made-up weight).
- Country coverage: Austria, Belgium/Lux,Denmark,Finland, France, Germany,Greece, Ireland,Italy,Netherlands,Norway,Portugal,Spain,Sweden,Switzerland,United Kingdom
For each of the products covered (listed above) and in each of the countries covered (listed above), as well as for the aggregate data for the entire market covered, the following information is provided:
Flowchart of Major Suppliers, Demand and Distribution Channels
- Historical Demand in 2012, 2016, 2017 (in volume)
- Historical Demand in 2012, 2016, 2017 (in value)
- Forecast Demand 2018, 2019 & 2020 (in volume)
- Forecast Demand 2018, 2019 & 2020 (in value)
- Historical 5-year growth rates 2012 - 2017 (in volume)
- Historical 5-year growth rates, 2012 - 2017 (in value)
- Breakdown between Foodservice and Retail Market in 2017 (in volume)
- Breakdown between Foodservice and Retail Market in 2017 (in value)
- Per capita consumption in retail, foodservice and total market, 2017 (in volume)
- Per capita expenditure in retail, foodservice and total market, 2017 (in value)
- Strategic Assessment: percentage represented by theCountry product market from the regional product market (North America, Western Europe or Central Europe). Does not apply to Brazil, India, Russia, China, and Turkey.
- Definition: Company Market Shares given for the Total Market (retail, foodservice and artisanal).
- Updating: underlying food and drink database updated regularly, including for Mergers & Acquisitions
- Supplier market shares (usually up to 10 shares cited by product and in eachCountry)
- Who Owns Whom: Key Local Subsidiaries of each Ultimate Holding Company
- Distribution Channels % Shares: Branded, Unbranded, Own (Private) Label and Artisanal (own-produced for own sale, e.g. bakers)
- Major Brands for the suppliers cited
Supplementary Analysis (Especially important where the publisher has identified more than 10 holding companies)
- Company Market Shares and Rankings within the aggregate market covered by the report
- List of all Holding Companies identified for this market covered
- Who Owns Whom: All Key Local Subsidiaries identified
- Major Brands by Holding Company and Key Subsidiary
This report provides a 45-page Executive Summary providing a detailed analysis of demand and supply comparing the merits of the 112 individual country & product markets covered, and features 28 graphs and 7 tables.
The supporting 287-page Main Report provides the underlying hard data by product & country for market demand (volume and value, retail and foodservice), and for supply (company market shares and brands).
Market Demand Highlights
- This total market grew by 2.0% annually from 2012 to 2017 to reach Euro 76.9 billion in 2017.
- Expenditure per capita for this total market in 2017 was Euro 183.3 per capita.
- The Foodservice market in 2017 made up 23.8% of this total market by value.
Market Demand Analysis And Forecasts To 2020
- The West European market is forecast to grow by an average of 2.22%in constant prices, equivalent to an overall change of 11.6% over the three-year forecast period.
- For all the 112 country & product, markets covered, historical (2012, 2016 & 2017) and forecast demand data (2018, 2019 & 2020) are provided for the retail, foodservice and total markets by volume and value, together with a comparative analysis of all markets, including by per capita consumption and expenditure.
A Unique Strategic Vision Of The 610 Major Players
- This report presents a strategic vision of the major multi-country players as well as all the significant players in each country. 421 holding companies and 189 key subsidiaries are identified, covering each of the 7 countries and product markets presented, together with 1154 market shares and matching brands. The Top-10 Players supply 52.3% of this market.
- The Top-10 Players supply 52.3% of this market.
- The leading company by market share value is Coca-Cola with a 20.5% share, followed by PepsiCo (7.4%) and Nestle (6.1%). This unique strategic company compilation is drawn from the publisher's online database (10,000+ companies, 25,000+ market shares).
The Top-10 Companies By Total Market Share *
In the total 112 country & product markets covered (full detail in the main report).
1. Coca-Cola (20.5%) in 111 markets. 2. PepsiCo (7.4%) in 90 markets.
3. Nestle (6.1%) in 39 markets.
4. Beam Suntory (5.1%) in 59 markets. 5. Danone (4.3%) in 39 markets.
6. Eckes-Granini (2.3%) in 37 markets. 7. Britvic (2.3%) in 46 markets.
8. Zoppas (1.8%) in 15 markets.
9. Aurelius (1.3%) in 8 markets.
10. L'Arche Green (1.2%) in 22 markets.
* Artisanal, if present, refers to the total of "Own produced for own sale" suppliers, e.g. independent bakers.
Detailed In-Depth Coverage Includes:
- No. of Country Markets
- No. of Product Markets
- Total No. Ctry/Prod Markets
- No. of Holding Companies
- No. of Key Subsidiaries
- No. of Co. Market Shares
- Åbro Brewery
- A.G Barr
- Aass Bryggeri
- AB InBev
- Abbas Bayat
- Acker-mann Haus
- Acqua Tinnea
- Agua de Quess
- Aguas De Moura
- aguas do Vimeiro
- Aguas Firgas
- Aigua de Ribes
- Aigua del Montseny
- Aimia Foods
- AMS Sourcing
- Anton Rie-merschmid
- Aqua D'Or
- Aqua Romer
- Aquas Car-valhelhos
- Argus Capital
- Artal Group
- Assindia Heil & Mineral
- Atlantic Multipwr
- Auricher Sussmost
- Bad Bram-bacher
- Bad Lie-benwerda
- be Fruits
- Beam Suntory
- Becker's Bester
- Bela Vista
- Bergland milch
- Berry Company
- Beverage Marketing
- Bio Synergy
- Bitburger Brauerei
- Bodegera M&S
- Brohler Mineral
- Brunneby Musteri
- Caldas de Penacova
- Carpe Diem
- Cawston Vale
- Celsius Holdings
- Central Serrana
- Classic Mineral
- Co-Ro Food
- Coca Cola / Danone
- Conserve Italia
- Coop Norge
- Cott Beverages
- Crystal Drinks
- Custodia Holding
- Del Monte Fresh Produce
- Dirk Ver-poorten
- Dohler Citrus
- Dolphin Water
- Donohoe Beverages
- Dr Pepper Snapple
- Dr. Arend Oetker
- Dr. Demuth
- Dr. Oetker
- Dreh & Trink
- Eaux de Chorges
- Ets Geyer
- Ets Geyer Freres
- Extreme Drinks
- Fiji Water
- Fimi Drinks
- Finn Spring
- Firefly Tonics
- First Class Beverages Of
- Fontana Food
- Fonti Di Vinadio
- Franken Brunnen
- Free Beverage
- Fresh Ways
- Friesland Campina
- Fruitkw. Vermeulen
- Garcia Carrion
- General Mills
- Global Brands
- Good Food Group
- Good Natured
- Gray's Brewing
- Groupe Folliet
- Grupo Amidi
- Grupo Fuertes
- Grupo Sumol
- Hapstead Tea
- Harboes Brewery
- Haugen Group
- Hell Energy
- Hellenic Bottling
- Hermann Kreuter
- Highland Spring
- Hijos de Rivera
- IBS Food
- Iceni Waters
- Irish Soft Drinks
- Ital Lemon
- John Martin
- Jova/ Sabco
- Julius Meinl
- JW Childs
- Kalamar. Kalas
- Kerry Group
- Kevin Ingham
- Kivik Holding Group
- Krombach. Brauerei
- Krönleins Bryggeri
- KSY Juice
- Kung Markatta
- L'Arche Green
- La Zara-gozana
- Laranja do Algrave
- LBO France
- LDH La Doria
- Leche Pascual
- Marin Montejano
- Mautner Markhof
- Max Havelaar
- Mecca Cola
- Menz & Gasser
- Metro Drinks
- Molson Coors
- Monster Beverage
- Monster Energy
- Mont Roucous
- Naked Juice Co
- Nieder-rhein Gold
- Oak Leaf
- Ocean Spray
- Olle Svensson
- Orkla Foods
- Otsuka Pharma.
- P6 Energy
- Pago Iberica
- Parmalats Atlantico
- Piper Equity
- Polar Pharma
- Power Drinks
- Purity SD
- Quibla Cola
- Radnor Hills
- Rhino's Energy
- Richard Hartinger
- Rieder's Quell.
- riha WeserGold
- Rohan Beheer
- Romano Freddi
- Romero Haupold
- Royal Unibrew
- Russel Weiner
- Santa Croce
- Santa di Roma
- Sariza Warers
- Serious Food
- SHS Group
- Sierra de Cazorla
- Silver Spring
- Singapore Technolog.
- Six Con-tinents
- Soda Club
- Spendrups Holding
- Suco Jandaia
- Suez Lyonnaise
- Sunshine Juice
- Suntory Holdings
- T. S. Andrea
- Taisho Foods
- Thijs Food
- Thirsty Work
- Turner & Turner
- V V B
- Veltins Brauerei
- Vichy Catalan
- Virgin Trading
- Vitamin Well
- Voss Water
- Wellness Foods
- Wilhelm Reusch.
- Xavier Mora