"Equinix is focused on creating a unified experience across all its interconnection products and Cisco's NSO automation tool is a key component in realising this."
Equinix launched its Equinix Cloud Exchange (now ECX Fabric) offering in April 2014 to provide reliable connectivity to a large ecosystem of cloud providers. It selected Cisco NSO to enhance its SDN-based network provisioning and management solution. In the 4 years since its initial deployment, Equinix has expanded Cisco NSO to provision other connectivity solutions, such as Internet Connect and Metro Connect, and is beginning to use its NFVO functionality.
This case study provides:
- an overview of Equinix’s business environment
- an analysis of the business challenges and drivers behind the adoption and expansion of Cisco NSO
- an analysis of how Equinix's use of NSO has been expanded after its initial adoption
- an analysis of Equinix’s Cisco NSO implementation strategy
- an analysis of the achieved business benefits.