This report focuses on aspects of the publisher's Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of smartphone users in emerging Asia-Pacific. In particular, it focuses on respondents' usage of over-the-top (OTT) communications and paid-for online video services.
- Identifies which communications apps are used most in emerging Asia-Pacific
- Highlights the pockets of growth that remain in the OTT communication market
- Identifies which app features are used most on communication apps
- Discusses the ways in which consumers balance the use of OTT communications with that of traditional services
- Identifies which paid-for online video services are the most popular in emerging Asia-Pacific
- Discusses the ways in which consumers balance the use of paid-for online video services with that of pay TV and free-to-air video services.
Survey Data Coverage:
The research was conducted between August and October 2018. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-Internet-using population in emerging Asia-Pacific. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There was a minimum of 1000 respondents per country.
Key Questions Answered In This Report
- Which OTT communication and paid-for online video apps are used most in emerging Asia-Pacific?
- Where is there potential for growth in the OTT communication and paid for online video space?
- Which features are most frequently used on OTT communication apps?
- How do smartphone users in emerging Asia-Pacific balance their use of paid-for video services, traditional pay TV and free-to-air services?
- Is there any remaining potential for monetisation for mobile operators?
Who Should Read This Report
- Operator-based strategy executives and marketing managers who are interested in understanding consumer market trends, and the changing role of operators as communications and video service providers.
- Market intelligence and research executives in service providers that are responsible for understanding end-user trends and supporting business units in identifying and addressing new opportunities in mobile communications and paid-for online video services.
- Equipment/device manufacturers and software providers that want to identify end-user trends in service and device usage and help their operator customers to better address market opportunities in mobile services related to communication and entertainment services.