Communications service providers' (CSPs') deployments of WAN SDN are progressing faster than we forecasted last year because CSPs are increasingly prioritising software-defined networking (SDN) over network function virtualisation (NFV) to accelerate their automation initiatives. As a result, we have revised up our 2017 WAN SDN baseline by USD74 million and have increased our growth expectations for SD-WAN and multi-layer control. SD-WAN and multi-layer control SDN will be the focus of WAN SDN investment, growing at a CAGR of 43% and 63%, respectively.
THIS FORECAST REPORT PROVIDES:
- a detailed, 5-year worldwide forecast for CSP spending on WAN SDN solutions, split into:
- four approaches: WAN configurators, SD-WAN, multi-layer control and native SDN
- two delivery types: product-related and professional services
- eight geographical regions: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE); developed Asia–Pacific (DVAP), emerging Asia–Pacific (EMAP); Latin America (LATAM); the Middle East and North Africa (MENA); North America (NA); Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Western Europe (WE)
- an examination of key market drivers and inhibitors, and how they will change during the forecast period
- analysis of the business environment and regional dynamics that will influence the WAN SDN market
- a detailed market definition
- recommendations for CSPs and vendors.
Key Questions Answered in this Report:
- What is the overall size and forecast of the WAN SDN control market and related professional services for the telecoms industry and what drove CSP spending by sub-segment?
- What are the key trends that will influence CSP spending on WAN SDN solutions?
- What are the regional factors that will drive growth?
- Which are the leading vendors and how did they rank in terms of their shares of revenue/CSP spending?
- How will professional services perform during the forecast period?
Who Should Read this Report
- SDN vendor product managers and business development managers who need an independent third-party view of market opportunity size and timing.
- Market intelligence teams at vendors that want to understand how their competitors compare to each other.
- CSPs that seek insight into the WAN SDN market by spending type, region and technology, as well as the evolving selection of vendor solutions.
- Professional services vendors and systems integrators that want to understand the WAN SDN opportunities over the next 5 years.