This issue of Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) covers innovations in self-healing oil barrier coatings, sensor coatings, anti-reflective coatings, and antimicrobial coatings. The innovations profiled include self-healing oil barrier coatings for corrosion protection, sensor coatings for past-temperature sensing applications and detecting and trapping contaminants such as toxic metals, water-based laser reactive coating for case coding corrugated packaging, and anti-reflection coating for virtually invisible plastics.
The Advanced Coating & Surface Technology TOE provides intelligence on technologies, products, processes, applications and strategic insights on various coatings across industries. This encompasses protective and functional coatings such as antimicrobial coatings, food coatings, energy-saving coatings, smart glazing, hydrophilic, hydrophobic and super hydrophobic coatings, corrosion protection coatings, barrier coatings and paints.
The Chemicals and Advanced Materials cluster tracks research & innovation trends and developments across specialty chemicals, plastics, polymers, chemicals, bio-chemicals, metals, coatings, thin films, surface treatments, composites, alloys, oil and gas, fuel additives, fibers and several other related technologies and its impact and application across industries.
- Focus on Extending Lifecycle of Materials Will Drive Adoption
- Larger Opportunities, Tougher Challenges
- Smart Coatings are Gaining Momentum amongst Industries
- Anti-corrosion Coatings and Self-healing Coatings Have already Found Wide Application Scope within Industries
- Automotive and Aerospace, Electrical and Electronics, and Consumer Goods Are the Key Sectors that Will Be Most Impacted by Sensor Coatings
- Increasing Demand for Smart Solutions With Multi-functional Purposes Will Drive Uptake of Sensor Coatings in Industries
- Graphite Application Scope Covers Multiple Industries with the Main Potential within Coatings and Electronics
- Graphitic Materials Are Expected to be Driven by the Growing Demand from the Energy Sector
- Application Prospects Cuts across Eyewear to Windshields and Solar Panels
- Anti-reflection Coatings Critical Piece in the Renewable Energy Sector
- Sustainability Targets for Packaging Expected to Drive Widescale Adoption
- Simple Solution for a High Priority Need in Corrugated Packaging
- Antimicrobial Additives Focused on the Medical Sector is a Key Area of Focus
- Toxicity and Cost Will Be the Key Determining Factors in the Adoption of Silver as an Antimicrobial Agent
- Self-healing Barrier Coatings
- Clear Antimicrobial Coating for Healthcare and Consumer Application
- High Application Prospects for Building & Construction
- Provides Fire-retardant Properties to Furniture and Packaging
- Bio-based Coating for Packaging Food Products