The Indian solar power products market is projected to grow at a CAGR of more than 11% to surpass $7.6 billion by 2024 on the back of increasingly stringent policy and regulatory framework and rising environmental concerns. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has set a target of 100 GW of solar power generation capacity by 2022. To achieve the target, government has taken several initiatives in the form of offering subsidies, financial assistance, incentives to manufacturers, power producers and even customers.
The government has also partnered with several nodal agencies at the central and state levels for the installation of off-grid SPV systems. Subsidies are made available to the customers to encourage installation of grid connected rooftop photovoltaics. Additionally, rising per capita income and developments in the photovoltaic technologies are further anticipated to positively influence the Indian solar power products market during forecast period.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2013-2017
Base Year: 2018
Estimated Year: 2019
Forecast Period: 2020-2024
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and forecast the Indian solar power products market size.
- To define, classify and forecast the Indian solar power products market based on product type, region and company.
- To scrutinize the detailed market segmentation and forecast the market size based on region by segmenting the Indian solar power products market into four regions, namely, North, East, West and South.
- To identify drivers and challenges for the Indian solar power products market.
- To evaluate product pricing and trends in the Indian solar power products market.
- To strategically profile leading players operating in the Indian solar power products market.
Some of the major players operating in the Indian solar power products market are Tata Power Solar Systems Limited, Mundra Solar PV Limited, Vikram Solar Limited, Waaree Energies Ltd., Jain Irrigation Systems Limited, EMMVEE Photovoltaic Power Private Limited, V-Guard Industries Limited, C.R.I. Pumps Private Limited, Shakti Pumps (India) Limited, and Kotak Urja Private Limited, among others.
The author performed primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, the author sourced a list of solar power products manufacturers and suppliers operating in India. Subsequently, the author conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, the author was able to include manufacturers that could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. The author analyzed product offerings, end-user, and regional presence of all major solar power products manufacturing companies across India.
The author calculated the Indian solar power products market size using a bottom-up approach, wherein manufacturers’ value sales data for different solar products was recorded as well as forecast for the future years. The author sourced these values from company annual reports, World Bank, industry magazines, industry reports, news dailies, credible paid databases, etc.
Key Target Audience:
- India solar power products manufacturers, suppliers and other stakeholders
- Associations, organizations and alliances related to solar power products
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for industry stakeholders, such as solar power products manufacturers, distributors, dealers and policy makers. The study would also help them in identifying which market segments should be targeted over the coming years in order to strategize investments and capitalize on growth of the market.
In this report, the Indian solar power products market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
Market, by Product Type:
- Solar Photovoltaics
- Solar Water Heater
- Solar Pump
- Solar Lantern
Market, by Region:
Voice of Customer: Customer Analysis by considering the following parameters - Brand Satisfaction with respect to Product Quality, Lead Time, Product Availability and After-Sales Service and Overall Brand Satisfaction.
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies operating in the Indian solar power products market.
With the given market data, the author offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
Channel Partner Analysis
- Detailed list of distributors and dealers across the country.
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
- Detailed analysis of new products in the market and their driving forces in the market.
*Note - Custom Research License:
10% specific customization is available free of any additional cost, for both the single user and enterprise license, as above. However, alternatively, if you are looking for additional content data or insight related to the scope of the report, you may purchase the new “Custom Research License”. Please enquire for pricing.
The custom research will be delivered in printable PDF format along with the report’s data excel sheet. This license offers 80 analyst hours. It is strongly recommended for an organization which wants to execute short ‘bespoke’ research projects related to the scope of the purchased report.
2. Research Methodology
3. Analyst View
4. Voice of Customer
4.1. Brand Satisfaction Level wrt Product Quality
4.2. Brand Satisfaction Level wrt Product Availability
4.3. Brand Satisfaction Level wrt Lead Time
4.4. Brand Satisfaction Level wrt After-Sales Service
4.5. Overall Brand Satisfaction Level
5. India Solar Power Market Overview
6. India Solar Power Products Market Outlook
6.1. Market Size & Forecast
6.1.1. By Value
6.2. Market Share & Forecast
6.2.1. By Product Type (Solar Photovoltaics, Solar Water Heater, Solar Pump and Solar Lantern)
6.2.2. By Region (North, East, West and South)
6.2.3. By Company
7. India Solar Photovoltaics Market Outlook
7.1. Market Size & Forecast
7.1.1. By Value
7.2. Market Share & Forecast
7.2.1. By End User (Ground Mounted, Industrial & Commercial and Residential)
7.2.2. By Region (North, East, West and South)
7.3. Price Trend Analysis
8. India Solar Water Heater Market Outlook
8.1. Market Size & Forecast
8.1.1. By Value
8.2. Market Share & Forecast
8.2.1. By Region (North, East, West and South)
8.3. Price Trend Analysis
9. India Solar Pump Market Outlook
9.1. Market Size & Forecast
9.1.1. By Value
9.2. Market Share & Forecast
9.2.1. By Region (North, East, West and South)
9.3. Price Trend Analysis
10. India Solar Lantern Market Outlook
10.1. Market Size & Forecast
10.1.1. By Value
10.2. Market Share & Forecast
10.2.1. By Region (North, East, West and South)
10.3. Price Trend Analysis
11. Market Dynamics
12. Market Trends & Developments
13. Policy & Regulatory Framework
13.1. Goods and Services Tax (GST)
13.2. Net Metering Policy for Grid-Tied PV Projects
13.3. Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS)
13.4. Sustainable Rooftop Implementation for Solar Transfiguration of India (SRISTI)
13.5. Kisan Urja Suraksha evam Utthaan Mahabhiyan (KUSUM)
13.6. Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
13.7. Solar Renewable Purchase Obligation (RPO) and Renewable Generation Obligation (RGO)
14. India Economic Profile
15. Competitive Landscape
15.1. Competition Benchmarking
15.2. Company Profiles
15.2.1. Tata Power Solar Systems Limited
15.2.2. Mundra Solar PV Limited
15.2.3. Vikram Solar Limited
15.2.4. Waaree Energies Limited
15.2.5. Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd.
15.2.6. EMMVEE Photovoltaic Power Private Limited
15.2.7. V-GUARD INDUSTRIES LIMITED
15.2.8. C.R.I. Pumps Private Limited
15.2.9. Shakti Pumps (India) Limited
15.2.10. Kotak Urja Private Limited
16. Strategic Recommendations
*Full List of Figures and Tables Available on Enquiry.
- Tata Power Solar Systems Limited
- Mundra Solar PV Limited
- Vikram Solar Limited
- Waaree Energies Limited
- Jain Irrigation Systems Ltd.
- EMMVEE Photovoltaic Power Private Limited
- V-GUARD INDUSTRIES LIMITED
- C.R.I. Pumps Private Limited
- Shakti Pumps (India) Limited
- Kotak Urja Private Limited