"CSPs need to automate their processes quickly and more completely to achieve further efficiencies and to address relatively rapid changes in technology, services and customer demands, as well as declining service revenue."
Communications service providers (CSPs) want to improve their processes to reduce costs and improve customer experience, but many processes are complex to model and change with a frequency that makes end-to-end automation difficult to achieve and uneconomical to implement. CSPs can simplify these processes by removing manual steps, which requires the use of different technologies including AI. AI-driven zero-touch automation (AI ZTA) is well-suited to tackling complex, dynamic and data-intensive processes.
In this report, we answer the following questions.
- What is AI-driven zero-touch automation?
- Why is it needed by CSPs?
- What is needed for its implementation?
- Where should it be applied first?
- What examples are there of AI-driven zero-touch processes?
- Which vendors are active in the market?
- What solutions are vendors currently offering?
- Which use cases are being supported?
This report analyses the use of AI-driven zero-touch automationin a telecoms environment, where it can play a central role in automating complex end-to-end processes. The report examines the technology required for zero-touch automation, discusses how this technology will be used and explains what zero-touch will mean for both communications service providers (CSPs) and vendors. The report provides recommendations for CSPs that are implementing AI-driven zero-touch processes in their organisations, and makes recommendations for vendors that supply solutions to address CSPs’ key processes.
The report provides high-level use cases for zero-touch, as well as company case studies to illustrate how zero-touch solutions are currently being used.
The report is based on several sources, including:
- Internal research, including desk-based research into the solutions and technologies available within the public domain
- Biefings with vendors about their solutions and implementations that they have achieved with their CSP customers
- Interviews with CSP stakeholders conducted as part of projects and interviews that relate directly to research for this report.
Who Should Read this Report
- COOs, CIOs and CTOs within CSPs who are considering projects that provide extreme levels of automation where processes are complex, dynamic and are frequently run.
- CTOs and product marketing groups within vendors who are planning and implementing AI-driven zero-touch process automation as part of their solutions and services engagements.
- Executive summary
- Analysis and recommendations
- How is AI applied to zero-touch processes?
- Why is AI needed to provide zero-touch automation?
- Where is AI being used in zero-touch automation?
- About the author