"More than half of the respondents in Australia and New Zealand have not heard about the launch of 5G, but awareness is higher in Australia than in New Zealand."
This report focuses on aspects of the Connected Consumer Survey that relate to the behaviour, preferences and plans of mobile users in Australia and New Zealand. In particular, it focuses on respondents’ usage of mobile services and devices.
KEY QUESTIONS ANSWERED IN THIS REPORT
- How strong are operators as smartphone sales channels?
- What is the role of the handset in customer retention and acquisition?
- What impact does 4G have on mobile users’ spend and engagement with their smartphones?
- What is the effect of 4G on customer satisfaction?
- How interested and aware are customers of 5G and 5G-enabled services?
- What is the relationship between data usage and spend?
THIS REPORT PROVIDES:
- an assessment of the strength that operators have as smartphone sales channels
- findings about the role of the handset in customer retention and acquisition
- an analysis of the impact of 4G on mobile users’ spend and engagement
- a discussion about the effects that 4G has on customer satisfaction
- a first look at customers’ awareness of 5G and their interest for 5G-enabled mobile services
- an analysis of the relationship between data usage and spend.
SURVEY DATA COVERAGE:
The research was conducted between July and September 2018. The survey groups were chosen to be representative of the mobile-Internet-using population in the region. We set quotas on age, gender and geographical spread to that effect. There was a minimum of 1000 respondents per country, and 2000 respondents in the region.
Who Should Read this Report
- Operator-based strategy executives and marketing managers who are interested in understanding consumer market trends and the role of operators as smartphone distribution channels.
- Market intelligence and research executives in service providers that are responsible for understanding end-user trends and supporting business units in identifying and addressing new opportunities.
- Equipment/device manufacturers and software providers that want to identify end-user trends in service and device usage and help their operator customers to improve their ability to address market opportunities.
- Executive summary
- Devices and channels
- 4G, 5G and value-added services
- Data and monetisation
- Methodology and panel information
- About the authors