The well-funded continuous research for orphan drugs is opening new avenues for treatments, leading to new licensing negotiations. An update on its most recent trends helps in understanding this emerging business sector. 110+ healthcare licensing news with focus on Orphan Drugs are reported and analyzed to provide a snapshot view of the current business trends here.
Analytical data coverage:
- January 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019 licensing deals and negotiations
- 110+ worldwide Orphan Drugs focused healthcare licensing news of companies across North America (50%), Europe (31%), Asia (11%)
- Small-mid-large cap companies covered - LargeCap (43%), MicroCap (21%), SmallCap (21%)
- Listed and non-listed companies included (click here to view a sample list of 30 companies/institutes covered)
- 4 healthcare sub-sectors covered - Biotech (54%), Pharmaceuticals (33%), Healthcare Services (10%), Medical Devices (2%)
- 14 medicine groups studied - Oncology (18%), Neurology (15%), Genetics (11%), Cardiology (8%)
- 8+ variables analyzed
- Immediate access to current global licensing trends in Orphan Drugs’ businesses
- Succinct summaries of licensing deals and negotiations held worldwide
- Quick to-the-point analytical references
- In-depth updates on wider perspective of Orphan Drugs business sector
- Directions to the emerging business prospects
Key analysis in the report:
- Leading countries in healthcare Orphan Drugs licensing
- Most active healthcare sub-sectors in Orphan Drugs licensing
- Distribution of Orphan Drugs licensing deals among market cap groups
- Comparisons of different medicine groups in Orphan Drugs licensing
- Companies currently engaging the most in Orphan Drugs licensing
- Dynamics of varied licensing payments arrangements worldwide
Report useful to:
- Orphan Drugs healthcare companies seeking licensing opportunities
- Orphan Drugs healthcare companies seeking new market base
- Executives of healthcare companies negotiating licensing in Orphan Drugs sectors
- Investors analyzing varied kinds of transaction options for Orphan Drugs licensing
Chapter 1: Analysis of healthcare inventions with focus on Orphan Drugs licensed during the past five quarters
1.1 Number of licensing deals with focus on Orphan Drugs
1.2 Countries with most licensing deals with focus on Orphan Drugs
1.3 Healthcare sub-sectors with most licensing deals with focus on Orphan Drugs
1.4 Market capitalization groups with most licensing deals with focus on Orphan Drugs
1.5 Medicine groups with most licensing deals with focus on Orphan Drugs
1.6 Leading companies with most licensing deals with focus on Orphan Drugs
1.7 Licensing payment arrangements most followed in licensing deals with focus on Orphan Drugs
Chapter 2: Key licensing deals with focus on Orphan Drugs during the past five quarters - By type of licensing deal
Chapter 3: Global healthcare inventions with focus on Orphan Drugs licensed during the past five quarters - By region and company name
Chapter 4: Summary and conclusions
Appendix 1 List of companies/institutes covered
a) By region, country and company name
b) By sub-industry, country and company name
c) By market capitalization group, country and company name
d) By medicine group, country and company name
e) By terms of payment, country and company name
Appendix 2 List of non-listed companies covered - By country and company name
Appendix 3 List of not-for-profit institutes covered - By country and institute name
- ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Active Biotech AB
- AcuityBio Inc.
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Aeterna Zentaris Inc.
- AGC Biologics
- Akcea Therapeutics, Inc
- Al Hafez Trading Est (Shell)
- Alcyone Lifesciences, Inc.
- Aldeyra Therapeutics Inc.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Amicus Therapeutics, Inc.
- Ammonett Pharma LLC
- Amryt Pharma PLC
- Amylon Therapeutics B.V.
- Antengene Corporation
- AOP Orphan Pharmaceuticals AG
- APRINOIA Therapeutics Inc.
- argenx SE
- Aridis Pharmaceuticals Inc
- ArQule Inc
- Array BioPharma Inc.
- Arrevus Inc
- ASLAN Pharmaceuticals Pte. Ltd.
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- AstraZeneca plc
- Axovant Sciences Ltd.
- Basilea Pharmaceutica Limited
- Be The Match BioTherapies
- Bioblast Pharma Ltd.
- BioGenetics Co Ltd
- Bioprojet Pharma SAS
- Bioprojet SCR
- Biscayne Neurotherapeutics Inc
- Biscayne Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Blueprint Medicines Corp.
- Caelum BioSciences, Inc.
- Camurus AB (publ)
- Can-Fite BioPharma Ltd.
- Catabasis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Catalent, Inc.
- Catalyst Biosciences Inc.
- Celgene Corporation
- Centogene AG
- China Global Bio-Pharmaceutical Industry Development (Chengdu) Co., Ltd.,
- Chong Kun Dang Pharmaceutical Corp.
- Cilag GmbH International
- Clementia Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Clinigen Group plc
- Closter Pharma SAS
- CMS Medical Venture Investment Limited
- Cook Biotech Inc.
- Cotinga Pharmaceuticals Inc
- CStone Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd.
- CTD Holdings, Inc
- Delcath Systems, Inc
- Denovo Biopharma LLC
- Dompé farmaceutici S.p.A
- Double Bond Pharmaceutical International AB
- EB Research Partnership
- Ebn Sina Medical Co
- Eiger BioPharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Emmaus Life Sciences Inc.
- Endo International plc
- Enzyvant Sciences Ltd
- EpiDestiny Inc
- Express Scripts Holding Company
- Gamida-Cell Ltd.
- Gliknik Inc.
- Glycostem Therapeutics B.V.
- Goro Healthcare
- Hadassah Medical Center
- Handok Inc
- Helio Vision, Inc.
- Helsinn Group
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Idorsia Ltd.
- Illumina Inc
- Ionis Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Ipsen SA
- J2H Biotech
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Karyopharm Therapeutics Inc.
- Kerwin Research Center, LLC
- Kyowa Hakko Kirin Co. Ltd.
- Lee's Pharmaceutical Holdings Ltd.
- LEO Pharma A/S
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Lonza Pharma & Biotech
- Loxo Oncology Inc.
- Lumos Pharma, Inc.
- M4K Pharma
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MeiraGTx Holdings Plc
- Melinta Therapeutics, Inc.
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- MolMed S.p.A
- Muscat Pharmacy & Stores LLC
- NanoSmart Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Neuren Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Neurotrope Inc
- Novartis AG
- Novelion Therapeutics Inc.
- Novimmune SA
- Novo Nordisk A/S
- Omeros Corporation
- Onconova Therapeutics, Inc.
- Orchard Therapeutics Plc
- Organovo Holdings Inc.
- Orphazyme A/S
- Palvella Therapeutics LLC
- Pediatric Brain Tumor Consortium
- PellePharm, Inc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- PharmaKrysto Ltd
- PHC Holdings Corporation
- Phio Pharmaceuticals Corp.
- Phoenix Nest Inc.
- Phyton Biotech, LLC
- PinnacleCare International, LLC
- Pint Pharma GmbH
- Prescient Therapeutics Ltd
- ProQR Therapeutics N.V.
- Proteon Therapeutics, Inc
- Provention Bio, Inc.
- Proximagen Group plc
- PTC Therapeutics, Inc.
- Reaction Biology Corporation
- Recordati S.p.A
- Reed Specialities, Inc
- RegeneRx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Regulus Therapeutics Inc.
- Roche Holding AG
- Roivant Sciences Ltd.
- Rutgers University
- Samumed, LLC
- Sanofi Genzyme
- Sanofi SA
- Santhera Pharmaceuticals Holding AG
- Seelos Therapeutics, Inc
- Senhwa Biosciences Inc.
- Shenzhen Hepalink Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Shionogi & Co. Ltd.
- Shire PLC
- SourcingLink.net, Inc.
- St. Vincent’s University Hospital
- Stanford University School of Medicine
- SteadyMed Ltd.
- Strongbridge Biopharma plc
- Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Swedish Orphan Biovitrum AB
- Taiba Healthcare
- Tetra Discovery Partners
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- The Hospital for Sick Children
- Theragen Etex Bio Institute
- Tillomed Laboratories Ltd.
- Trillium Therapeutics Inc.
- Trovagene, Inc
- UCB SA
- United Therapeutics Corporation
- University Health Network
- University of Cambridge
- University of Manchester
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Valerius Biopharma AG
- Velo Bio LLC
- Visikol Inc
- Vivet Therapeutics
- Wilson Therapeutics AB