1 of 3
Top Growth Opportunities: Confectionery in Australia Summary Top Growth Opportunities for Confectionery in Australia provides recommended actions and detailed analysis of how to target the best growth opportunities for Confectionery producers and retailers. Readers can understand what categories, channels, companies, and consumers will drive the success of Confectionery markets in Australia through detailed and robust data, expert insight, and case studies. The Top Growth Opportunity reports use a risk versus reward opportunity model to identify the best growth markets for Confectionery producers. Through this in-depth study of market and category dynamics, readers are able to identify key opportunities, and what they need to do in order to target them. Get access to:
- Key consumer demographic groups driving consumption within the Australian market. Improve your consumer targeting by understanding who’s driving the market, what they want, and why
- A study of market value and volumes over 2018-2023 for Australia, supplemented with category, brand and packaging analysis that shows the current state of the market, and how it will evolve over the 2018-2023 period
- White space analysis, to pinpoint attractive spaces in the market and the key actions to take
- Insight into the implications behind the data, and analysis of how the consumer needs will evolve in the short-to-medium term future
- Examples of international and regional product innovation targeting key consumer needs
- Australia has a higher average spend on high quality confectionery than most other major economies.
- After a period decline at a CAGR of -1.8% in US$ terms between 2018 and 2023, the Australian Confectionery market will grow at a slower rate in the next five years to 2023, at a CAGR of 4.4%.
- Younger consumers are looking for healthier confectionery products
- Over 2018-2023, Chocolate will remain the highest value category.
- This report brings together consumer analysis and market data to provide actionable insight into the behavior of Australian Confectionery consumers.
- This is based on unique consumer data, developed from extensive consumption surveys and consumer group tracking, which quantifies the influence of 20 consumption motivations in the Confectionery sector. Category, brand, and packaging dynamics are also examined.
- This allows product and marketing strategies to be better aligned with the leading trends in the market.
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown
2 of 3
1. Introducing a top growth market for confectionery Top 10 global growth opportunities scores Top global issues Assessment against global strategic issues Strategic issues map Predicted future issues for the global sector Reward and risk assessment Opportunity score - overview Consumer spending trends - peer group comparisons Political, Economic, Social, and Technological: Analysis Enablers and inhibitors of growth Rewards and opportunities for growth Summary of the market 2. Market insight - identifying the opportunities to move into Market growth by category Value growth of the market Volume growth of the market Level of premiumization by category Category analysis - key drivers of change 3. Retail and distribution insight - key channels and retailers driving growth Confectionery retail channel share Key Retail Channel trends Routes to market Drivers of change in the sector 4. Company and brand insight - the competitive landscape defined Category fragmentation Company and brand strength Private label penetration Brand share by leading supplier International and domestic brand analysis Company and brand strength summary 5. Consumer insight - who, what, when, where and why Strategic issues map Key consumer driver implications Key consumers trends Consumer groups Key Health & Wellness trends Penetration of Health and Wellness claims by category Consumer trends summary 6. Product and packaging insights Key Product Insights Trends and strategic issues - other notable product trends Key product innovation case studies Key Packaging Insights Trends and strategic issues Product launch key takeouts 7. White spaces and innovation opportunities - space to move into Growth segments to target Segment opportunities Consumer spaces to target Price dynamics Key recommendations 8. Appendix and Definitions List of Tables Visualization of 10 countries growth opportunities Visualization of 10 countries growth opportunities (continued) Reward and risk assessment Market value and split, 2013-2023 Winners and losers by category, value, 2018-2023 Volume growth by category, 2013-2023 Winners and losers by category, volume, 2018-2023 Confectionery category fragmentation, 2018 Key consumption volume shares by consumer group, 2018 Key consumption motivators by category, 2018 Key consumption motivators by category, 2018 (continued) Top categories by volume and CAGR, 2013-2018 Average price change by category, 2018 List of Figures Map of top opportunity markets Map of top global issues Global issue web Strategic issues map Average consumer spend, peer group comparisons, 2013-2023 Market value and split, 2013-2023 Value growth by category, 2013-2018 and 2018-2023 Value market growth by category, 2013-2023 Winners and losers by category, volume, 2018-2023 Value and volume growth by category, 2013-2023 Private label penetration and CAGR, 2013-2018 Cumulative value share by brand, 2018 Penetration of Health and Wellness claims by category, 2018 Packaging materials volume share, 2018 & 2023 Packaging closure materials volume share, 2018 & 2023 Projected CAGR for top five categories by value, 2018-2023 Price change by category, 2018
Note: Product cover images may vary from those shown