Almost five years ago Western countries imposed sanctions on the Russian oil and gas industry.
Its performance indicators seem to give evidence that the companies have adapted to the restrictive measures. But the sanctions were not expected to produce an instant effect.
The prohibitive measures may show their negative effect somewhat later. Then the restrictions on access to investment, technology, and markets may come to be felt.
The new report deals extensively with the following issues:
- Innovations in the sanctions legislation: new sanctions measures and announced plans
- The US and EU in search of weak spots of the Russian oil and gas industry
- Financial situation in Russian oil and gas corporations
- Limiting access to loans is one of the most distressing measures.
- How do companies survive? Situation with debts and investment. Have the hopes for the Chinese come true? Dynamics of Chinese loans and investment in Russian oil and gas.
- Situation with debts and investment
- Have the hopes for the Chinese come true?
- Dynamics of Chinese loans and investment in Russian oil and gas
- Export of Russian pipeline gas in the sanctions confrontation zone
- Almost every week various options of sanctions against Nord Stream 2 and other new Russian gas pipelines are discussed in the US
- How really dangerous are they?
- LNG at gunpoint?
- Liquefied gas production did not feature in the list of possible objects for restrictions earlier. However, the American legislators in 2019 for the first time remembered this part of the gas business. How serious are these plans and can LNG production rapidly developing in Russia suffer an actual technological blow?
- A medium-term forecast of developments
Chapter 1. What does next year have in store? Russia awaiting new sanctions
Chapter 2. Access to foreign investment: Is the devil really so black as he is painted?
Chapter 3. Russian LNG production and sanctions: new risks?
Chapter 4. Russian gas export in the sanctions confrontation zone
All materials and sources used for issuing each report are thoroughly verified and analyzed by experts. The information is based on industry statistics, data of oil and gas companies, information of federal and regional mass-media, materials of conferences and round tables.
The analyst has pored on the following goals:
- Analyses of oil & gas and power industries, political risks within the energy sector, geopolitical problems in connection with the production of hydrocarbons and their supply to the global market, strategic development of companies, new production and transportation projects
- Consulting on the influence of political factors on the oil & gas business, decision-making within Russian energy companies and government bodies dealing with the energy industry
- Development of energy business concepts in Russia
- PR services for oil & gas corporations
- Analysis of images and reputations of energy corporations