This thoroughly updated third edition of this popular book covers all types of printed microstrip antenna design, from rectangular to circular, broadband and dual band, and millimeter wave microstrip antenna to microstrip arrays.
The book features new analysis of rectangular and circular microstrip antenna efficiency, and surface wave phenomena. Rectangular microstrip antenna cross polarization analysis and mitigation is expanded upon. Microstrip antenna array geometry options have been added to the text. The design of Vivaldi antennas has been revised and updated based on recent analysis. A chapter has been added which addresses design considerations for millimeter wave microstrip antennas and arrays. Sections addressing the design of shorted annular, patch-ring, corporate fed OMA, stripline series slot, inverted F, RFID Loop Coupler, CPW monopole, and characteristic mode antennas have been added. The appendices have been enlarged, and address PIM, efficiency computation, twin strip and parallel plate transmission line, the history of the decibel, return loss and reflection loss, new impedance matching methods, as well as a new appendix on baluns for printed antennas.
Written with commercial applications in mind and aimed at practicing engineers, this book covers printed antennas and their design from the perspective of a seasoned consulting engineer who has worked many years in the field and has implemented all design concepts and technologies featured in the book and is essential reading for antenna designers and engineers.
- Chapter 2: Rectangular microstrip antennas
- Chapter 3: Circular microstrip antennas
- Chapter 4: Broadband microstrip antennas
- Chapter 5: Dual-band microstrip antennas
- Chapter 6: Microstrip arrays
- Chapter 7: Printed antennas
- Chapter 8: Millimeter wave microstrip antennas
- Appendix A: Microstrip antenna substrates
- Appendix B: Numerical methods
- Appendix C: Planar transmission lines
- Appendix D: Antenna topics
- Appendix E: Impedance matching techniques
- Appendix F: Baluns for printed antennas
Randy Bancroft is a consulting engineer based in Denver, Colorado, USA. He is the inventor of a dual-band slot antenna for laptop computers and general-purpose ladder balun dipole, and the co-inventor of Omnidirectional Microstrip Antennas. He holds 8 patents. He has lectured a graduate class at the University of Colorado at Boulder on electrically small antennas and device integration.