This Report Explores How Sponsor Organizations Use Contract Manufacturers to Streamline Costs, Better Manage Capacity, Access Scientific Expertise, Improve Efficiencies and Decrease Time to Market
It’s no surprise the practice of outsourcing pharmaceutical manufacturing has evolved over the past 25 years and continues to do so. The publisher's Contract Development and Manufacturing Outsourcing Models report takes an in-depth look at current outsourcing practices among drug innovators to gain insight into the adoption and application of different outsourcing strategies. For this study, we surveyed a group of heavy outsourcers, making them well-qualified to give insight on their experiences using different outsourcing models, including Tactical or Transactional Outsourcing, use of Preferred Providers, and Strategic Partnerships.
This report explores how sponsor organizations use contract manufacturers to streamline costs, better manage capacity, access scientific expertise, improve efficiencies and decrease time to market.
- Benefits and drawbacks of using different outsourcing models for development and/or commercial manufacturing needs
- Understand the cost breakdown of an outsourced manufacturing project by molecule type and stage of development to identify areas where potential savings may be gained
- How to prepare for challenges and difficulties that peers have encountered when using contract manufacturers through various outsourcing models
- Gain insight into how sponsor experience and capacity influence outsourcing strategies as well as which drug products and components are most likely to be outsourced
- Learn decision-making hierarchies and outsourcing drivers influencing CMO selection and then use this information to improve your sales pitch and approach
- Use this report to plan for changes in outsourcing model usage, to understand why those changes may transpire and to capture new business by zeroing in on the elements that drive an outsourcing model’s success
- Drug Development and Manufacturing Outsourcing Dynamics
- Outsourcing Models: Performance, Selection, and Use
- Future Trends
- Study Data