A biosimilars boom is expected and both biopharma and contract manufacturers want to be positioned to capture a piece of the market. The publisher's Biosimilars Manufacturing: Key Considerations and Expected Outsourcing Practices (4th Edition) goes into depth on one of the most important aspects of biosimilars: manufacturing. Manufacturing these complex products in a cost-efficient manner will be a critical component to successfully commercializing biosimilars and the anticipated boom. Outsourced manufacturing decision-makers share their perspectives on selling and manufacturing biosimilars, how much biosimilar manufacturing is expected to be outsourced, comfort levels in outsourcing to particular CMOs and the key challenges associated with the manufacture of biosimilars.
- Understand the motivations for selling and/or manufacturing biosimilars and biobetters
- Primary drivers for outsourcing biosimilar manufacturing and perceived challenges in biosimilar manufacturing
- Get an early indication of market leaders by knowing which contract manufacturers respondents would be most comfortable using for biosimilar production
- Understand and assess perceived challenges to biosimilar manufacturing to make an informed decision on whether to enter the market. For biopharmas already in the market, make a more educated CMO selection for an outsourced biosimilar project.
- Start to understand the market potential for outsourced biosimilars manufacturing with respect to CMO selection attributes, desired bioprocessing equipment, and preferred manufacturing geographies.