In today’s post-digital and social media age, our climate is rife with conflict and mistrust. More than ever a company’s character, beyond its financial performance and reputation, determines its place in business and society.
This summit gives attendees the opportunity to hear from organizations on how they have responded to a range of reputational threats. Take away best practices and valuable lessons in reputation and risk management to ensure that your business can plan and respond to any eventuality.
2019 Summit Themes
- U.S. Election – how businesses and other organizations should prepare for and handle new reputational threats that emerged and intensified during the 2016 U.S. presidential election
- Hurricane Irma – what one of the strongest storms in history can teach us about crisis communications and brand protection
- Harassment in the headlines – share lessons learned (the good, bad and ugly) on the front lines of society’s #MeToo paradigm shift.
- Social Purpose – operating with a social purpose in a climate rife with conflict and mistrust
- The Golden Hour: First Mover Advantage – taking advantage of this crucial time period to craft and implement an effective crisis response strategy
Crisis – are you ready?
- IDENTIFY the types of crisis and their aspects
- BUILD a crisis communications plan and implement it throughout your organization
- DEVELOP and manage a crisis management team to deal with crisis situations
- EXECUTE a crisis response strategy consistently across all stakeholder groups and channels
Why You Should Attend?
In today’s social, economic and political climate and the explosive proliferation of social media, reputation is everything.
The Reputation & Crisis Strategy Summit equips attendees to pre-empt, plan for, manage and measure the impact of their crisis communications to ultimately turn bad press into a good result. Hear how businesses and other organizations should prepare for and handle new reputational threats that emerged and intensified during the 2016 U.S. presidential election. Take away strategies for dealing with fake news, hackings and public criticism from employees and endorsers. Plus, hear when your organization should and should not use social media to enter the political fray
- Hear from an eclectic mix of cross-industry professionals on managing public communications in challenging and fast-moving situations.
- Don’t just hear the theory, listen to tried and tested best practices from crisis communication experts.
- Discover how to shake up thinking around the strategic value of communications in a crisis.
- We have the whole PR and crisis communications eco-system present. From large to medium and small brands and the agencies chosen to represent such brands.
- Take part in a peer networking opportunity in our crisis simulation exercise and plan your messages in the first 72 hours of response.
- We will delve into some of the most well-known news stories of 2019 to examine the do’s and dont’s of crisis and reputation management.
- Mindset for managing crisis: ensure you and your team are equipped to make sound decisions when the time arrives.
- Hear how the best brands respond to a crisis to turn mistakes into winning moments.
- Be part of a room full of interesting and like-minded professionals who you can bounce ideas off and share experiences with
Benefits of Attending:
- 25+ Industry-led Speakers
- 100+ Senior Participants
Sample List of speakers from last years conference:
Kara Alaimo, PhD
Global public relations consultant, trainer and professor
Author of "Pitch, Tweet or Engage on the Street"
Global Director of Public Relations, AmTrust Financial Services, Inc.
Customer Service/Social Media Manager, StubHub
Communications Director, Virginia Department of Health
Senior Vice President , Global Managing Director, Marketing Solutions, The Economist
Director of Public Relations, Loews Miami Beach Hotel
VP of Creative & Branding, Swimsuits For All
This event is specifically targeted for multiple-sized cross-industry organizations and senior-level professionals focused on:
- Public Relations/Communications
- Crisis/Issues/Reputation Management
- Corporate & Global Communications
- Digital PR and Social Media
- SEO/SEM Marketing
- Corporate & External Affairs
- Brand Management
- Public Affairs
- Market Research
- Content Creation
- Media Solutions
- Employee/Internal Communications
- Human Resources
- Regulatory Affairs
- Customer Experience
This conference will also be of interest to:
- Small, medium or large corporations
- Communication/PR/Marketing Agencies
- Marketing Service Providers
- Law Firms
Venue to be announced shortly.