What This Top 10 Covers
The Top 10 Telecom Engineering Service Provider 2018 Report provides a market overview and evaluation of the leading service providers in this space. This includes their skills across the Telecom Engineering Services Value Chain: New Product Development, Product Sustenance, Manufacturing Support, Testing and Certifications, and Product Support and others.
What You'll Know After Reading
- Key trends driving the telecom engineering services market
- The strengths and challenges to take into consideration for the service providers including their capability, vision, and investment priorities
- Areas we expect to see the most growth in over the next few years
- Recommendations for both service buyers and service providers to get the most out of their relationships and to stay relevant in this market respectively
Key Market Dynamics
- The time of 5G has arrived: We can expect the launch of 5G services in most developed countries by 2020. 5G will enable high-speed internet services that will be instrumental for IoT, content delivery, and other data transfers. Verizon has already started 5G commercial services in four US cities.
- Cost optimization is the new priority: Across the globe, telecom operators are bleeding out due to falling revenue and climbing investment costs required to build next-generation infrastructure. They are seeking cost optimizations by automating some of the core telecom processes.
- Content is the new king: In the world of Amazon and Netflix, content providers are snagging cable customers at a fast clip. Telecom service providers are also trying to enter this lucrative space. We have observed several recent acquisitions; two notable ones are Comcast’s acquisition of NBC and AT&T’s purchase of DirecTV. We expect this trend to continue and we will see more partnerships in this area.
- Influence of digital technologies on telecom engineering: Emerging areas, particularly digital technologies, are major influential factors for telecom engineering services. The application of artificial intelligence, cloud, analytics, automation, and IoT is increasing in different areas of the telecom engineering value chain.
- Change in solution offerings: The application of software engineering is increasing steadily for telecom engineering offerings. Telecom clients are moving from customer product development to open source projects, SDx, and XaaS models. This has triggered a major shift in solution offerings for telecom engineering service providers.
Who Should Read This Report
- Executive leaders and business unit leaders
- Technology leaders
- R&D leaders
- Management consultants
- Investment professionals, advisors, and outsourcing managers who have responsibilities in building out telecom engineering service delivery capabilities
Service Providers Discussed
- CSS Corp
- L&T Technology Services
- Tata Elxsi
- Tech Mahindra