Microscopic techniques have revolutionized our understanding of the universe, both for the life sciences as well as for the basic understanding of matter and materials in the physical sciences and industry. While optical microscopy techniques provide a wealth of information, when researchers turn to smaller and smaller features, whether cellular components or cutting-edge electronics, only electron microscopy can deliver the resolution required to achieve these goals. The market for these instruments remains a vital one, with a very broad array of applications in both industry and academia.
This report details the market demand and growth prospects for many different product areas within the overarching field of electron microscopy: scanning electron microscopes (SEM), transmission and scanning transmission electron microscopes (S/TEM), focused ion beam (FIB) and dual beam instruments, tabletop SEM, as well as the various analyzers that can be combined with the microscope system for additional analysis: energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS), wavelength dispersive spectroscopy (WDS), electron backscatter diffraction (EBSD), cathodoluminescence, micro-XRF, and electron energy loss spectroscopy (EELS/RHEELS).
In addition to market data and forecasts for various segments within the market, this report features invaluable insights and data from a diverse sample of electron microscopy end-users. Data on usage, applications, budgets, vendor satisfaction, pain points, sample types, sample preparation and other aspects of these users’ workflows and usage of electron microscopy.
Objectives of this Report
- A global landscape and trends of the current market for the electron microscopy market.
- Specific market sizes and forecasts for many sub techniques within the technology. The report includes product segments for SEM, tabletop SEM, S/TEM, FIB/Dual systems. The report also provides data on specific analyzer types: EDS, WDS, EBSD, cathodoluminescence, micro-XRF, and EELS/RHEELS.
- Market demand segmented by region, and end-user sector, along with market forecast for the next five years.
- Competitive landscape of vendors participating in each technology.
- Review of business developments in the area and opportunities and threats facing the technology.
- Thorough results of an online survey of 117 electron microscopy users, covering many aspects of their instrumentation, budgets, and usage.
- Report Background
- Executive Summary
- Scope and Definitions
- Electron Microscopy Overview
- Analyzers Overview
- Recent Business Activities
- Historical Market Demand (2013-2018)
Opportunities & Threats
- Electron microscopy demand by product type, 2018 – 2023
- Electron microscopy demand by sector, 2018 – 2023
- Electron microscopy demand by region, 2018 – 2023
- Electron microscopy demand by function, 2018 – 2023
- Electron microscopy vendor share, 2018
- Electron microscopy vendor participation, 2018
- Analyzer demand by technique, 2018 – 2023
- Analyzer vendor share, 2018
- Analyzer vendor participation, 2018
- Frequency of use
- Lab function
- Use by technique
- Electron microscopy supplier satisfaction
- Initial cost by technique
- System age
- Service & maintenance models
- Vendor Frequency
- Electron microscopy supplier service & support satisfaction
- Aftermarket expenditure
- Aftermarket products most purchased
- Sample type
- Sample preparation use
- Sample scale
- Accelerating voltage
- Emission source type
- Emission source type
- Electron microscopy use with other microscopy techniques
- Importance of Electron microscopy features
- Electron microscopy pain points
- Most desired Electron microscopy improvements
- End-User Questionnaire
- Recent & Upcoming Reports