Specialty chemicals are chemical products that are sold based on their performance or function, rather than their composition. They can be single-chemical entity or formulations whose composition influences the performance and processing of the customer’s product. Specialty chemicals, also known as performance chemicals, are used as ingredients in finished products and to improve manufacturing processes. The growth of specialty chemicals is driven by both domestic consumption and exports. Additionally, easy availability of raw materials and low labor costs are further fueling the growth of the Indian Specialty Chemicals Market. Moreover, Government initiatives like “Make in India and FDI” are further anticipated to aid the growth of the market over the coming years.
The Indian Specialty Chemicals Market is segmented based on product, region and company. Based on product, the market can be segmented into Pharmaceuticals, Colorant, Paints, Agrochemicals, Flavors & Fragrance, Surfactants, Textile Chemicals, Personal Care, Others (water treatment, automotive, catalysts, etc.). The pharmaceuticals and colorants segments are anticipated to hold a substantial market share during the forecast period owing to government’s focus on pharmaceutical and food processing industries.
The major players operating in the Indian Specialty Chemicals Market are SRF, Aarti, Galaxy Surfactants, Solvay, Himadri, Sudarshan Chemicals, Vinati, Atul, Bodal, NOCIL, Meghmani, Navin Fluoro Chemicals, Camlin Fine Sciences, Indofil, Clariant, and others. Major companies are developing advanced technologies and launching new products in order to stay competitive in the market. Other competitive strategies include mergers & acquisitions and new product developments.
Years considered for this report:
- Historical Years: 2014-2017
- Base Year: 2018
- Estimated Year: 2019
- Forecast Period: 2020–2024
- To analyze and forecast the market size of the Indian Specialty Chemicals Market.
- To classify and forecast the Indian Specialty Chemicals Market based on product, function, company and regional distribution.
- To identify drivers and challenges for the Indian Specialty Chemicals Market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in the Indian Specialty Chemicals Market.
- To conduct pricing analysis for the Indian Specialty Chemicals Market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in the Indian Specialty Chemicals Market.
Researchers calculated the market size of the Indian Specialty Chemicals Market by using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. They sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied.
Key Target Audience:
- Specialty chemicals manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and other stakeholders
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to Specialty Chemicals
- Market research and consulting firms
In this report, the Indian Specialty Chemicals Market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
Market, By Application:
- Flavors & Fragrance
- Textile Chemicals
- Personal Care
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in the Indian Specialty Chemicals Market.
With the given market data, the author offers customizations according to a client’s specific needs.
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Voice of Customer
5. India Specialty Chemicals Market Outlook
5.1. Market Size & Forecast
5.1.1. By Value
5.2. Market Share & Forecast
5.2.1. By Application (Pharmaceuticals, Colorant, Paints, Agrochemicals, Flavors & Fragrance, Surfactants, Textile Chemicals, Personal Care, and Others)
5.2.2. By Region (North, South, East, West)
5.2.3. By Company (2018)
5.3. Market Attractiveness Index
6. West India Specialty Chemicals Market Outlook
6.1. Market Size & Forecast
6.1.1. By Value
6.2. Market Share & Forecast
6.2.1. By Application
7. North India Specialty Chemicals Market Outlook
7.1. Market Size & Forecast
7.1.1. By Value
7.2. Market Share & Forecast
7.2.1. By Application
8. South India Specialty Chemicals Market Outlook
8.1. Market Size & Forecast
8.1.1. By Value
8.2. Market Share & Forecast
8.2.1. By Application
9. West India Specialty Chemicals Market Outlook
9.1. Market Size & Forecast
9.1.1. By Value
9.2. Market Share & Forecast
9.2.1. By Application
10. Market Dynamics
11. Market Trends & Developments
12. Policy & Regulatory Landscape
13. India Economic Profile
14. Competitive Landscape
14.1. Competition Outlook
14.2. Company Profiles
14.3. Financials (As reported)
14.4. Key Market Focus and Geographical Presence
15. Competitive Landscape
15.1. Leading Players Profiled (Leading Companies)
15.1.3. Galaxy Surfactants
15.1.6. Sudarshan Chemicals
16. Strategic Recommendations
(Note: The companies list can be customized based on the client requirements)