This edition of the Energy and Power Systems TechVision Opportunity Engine (TOE) covers developments and innovations in solar PV and battery storage. Novel solar PV concepts such as bio-photovoltaics (BPV) and organic solar cells (OPVs) that exhibit significant potential in improving solar PV power conversion efficiency and reduce solar power costs are discussed. Breakthrough research on magnesium-sodium and potassium-oxygen batteries, which have the capability to address the drawbacks of lithium batteries are also covered. Additionally, the TOE discusses interesting innovations in heat pumps and carbon capture technologies that have the potential to reduce carbon emissions.
The Energy and Power Systems TOE provides insights on the latest advances in the broad range of technology related to the energy industry. The topics regularly presented range from energy storage technologies (solid-state batteries, solar chemical storage, and other advanced energy storage devices) to non-renewable energy such as oil and gas. Special emphasis is given to emerging areas in the renewable sector such as photovoltaics, wind energy, and geothermal energy, and emerging alternative fuels such as hydrogen, syngas, ethanol, and biofuels. The EPS TOE keeps clients abreast of the latest R&D developments at major corporate and academic research centers, provides competitor intelligence and helps create strategic alliances.
The Energy and Environment cluster provides global insights and intelligence on a wide variety of disruptive emerging technologies and platforms ranging from energy storage, advanced batteries, solar and wind energy, to unconventional oil, bioenergy, geothermal energy, and energy transmission.
Advancements in Solar Cells, Battery Storage, Waste Heat Recovery and Carbon Capture
- Next-generation Solar Cells with Better Efficiency Suitable for Indoor Applications
- Digitalization Serves as a Key Driver for OPV Development
- Novel Biophotovoltaics with Longer Lifetime
- New BPV Design Enables Efficient Electron Transfer
- Approach to Develop High-performance Magnesium-sodium Battery
- Magnesium-based Battery - Technology Snapshot
- Low-cost Potassium-oxygen Battery with Enhanced Cycling Stability
- Potassium-based Battery - Technology Snapshot
- Novel High-temperature Heat Pumps for Low-grade Waste Heat Recovery
- Waste Heat Recovery-based Building Heating and Cooling and Extended Applications have Garnered Interest
- Energy Efficient Conversion of Carbon Emissions into Formic Acid
- Increased Use of Recovered Carbon in Chemicals and Building Materials is being Witnessed
- Key Contacts