Imaging sensors are crucial for electronic imaging systems, including digital cameras, camera modules, medical imaging equipment, night vision equipment, radar and sonar, drones, and many others. This contributed book covers a wide range of frequency, sensing modalities and applications, including x-ray beam imaging sensors, optical scattering sensors, smart visual sensors in robotic systems, tuneable diode Laser absorption spectroscopy (TDLAS) sensors, light detection and ranging (LiDAR) sensors, microwave imaging sensors, electro-magnetic imaging with ultra-wideband (UWB) sensors, Synthetic aperture radar (SAR), electrical resistance tomography (ERT) sensors, electrical tomography for medical applications, electro-magnetic tomography (EMT) sensors, micro sensors for cell and blood imaging, and ultrasound imaging sensors.
Bringing together information on state-of-the-art research in the field, this book is a valuable resource for engineers, researchers, designers and developers, and advanced students and lecturers working on sensing, imaging, optics, photonics, medical imaging, instrumentation, measurement and electronics.
- Chapter 2: Optical scattering sensors
- Chapter 3: Smart visual sensors in robotic systems
- Chapter 4: CCD and CMOS sensors and their applications in flame measurement
- Chapter 5: Tunable diode Laser absorption spectroscopy (TDLAS) sensors
- Chapter 6: Light detection and ranging (LiDAR) sensors
- Chapter 7: Microwave imaging sensors
- Chapter 8: Electro-magnetic imaging with ultra-wideband (UWB) sensors
- Chapter 9: Synthetic aperture radar (SAR)
- Chapter 10: Electrical resistance tomography (ERT) sensors and applications
- Chapter 11: Electrical tomography for medical applications
- Chapter 12: Electro-magnetic tomography (EMT) sensors
- Chapter 13: Micro sensors for cell and blood imaging
- Chapter 14: Ultrasound imaging sensors
University of Manchester, School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, UK.
Wuqiang Yang is a Professor in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, University of Manchester, UK. His main research interests include industrial tomography, especially electrical capacitance tomography (ECT), instrumentation and multiphase flow measurement. He is a board member of the IET International Book Series on Sensors, Associate Editor of IET SMT and IEEE Trans. IM, and an Editorial Board Member of Meas. Sci. Technol. He is a Fellow of the IEEE, the IET and the Institute of Measurement and Control.